Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to bass fishing
I am from Somerset Co. NJ and I fish the Millstone River between Millstone and Manville. When using a bobber and a worm, I have caught several largemouths I guess by accident and now I'm really hooked on catching more. I have some lures and plastics from my grandfathers old tackle box but I dont know the names of them, let alone how to fish them. What would be helpful is some pics of lures and plastics that I could compare to mine. The river is pretty shallow with alot of bottom weed beds over a muddy bottom. The water is murky at best. I once saw a whole mess of large fish (bass maybe?) swimming near the surface and I threw everything I had at them, even hitting some on the head but nothing. How do you fish those curly tail grubs,with or without weight? Also, I do alot of night fishing and I'm tired of catching cats instead of bass. Need some tips on that too.
[signature]
Spinnerbait, weedless tube, and a senko/worm is a simple way to start.

[signature]
Night fishing use a black spinnerbait or buzzbait.
[signature]
I had a lot of luck using top water baits at dusk. Spinner baits are probably the easiest to use.
[signature]
crankbaits are the ticket , 0-5 feet go to your wa-mart store. look for strikeking bitsy minnow tenn. shad, fire tiger,white or ghost. crank it in med. slow pop the tip up every so often for change. a whole bunch of fun.[Smile]
[signature]