Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A GOOD RAIN JACKET
IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A FEW YEARS FOR A GOOD RAIN JACKET..ONE THATS NOT BULKY BUT COMPLETTLY WATTERPROF...I LIKE TO PUTING THE WADING BELT AROUND THE BOTTOM AND CINCHING IT TIGHT..MOST ARE TO BULKY AND YOU CANT GET YOUR VEST OVER IT ..ANY IDEAS..
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]That is why I've been looking at wading jackets. Leave the vest in the car as [/size][/#008000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]most of them have lots of pockets to carry the essentials.They also provide the mobility necessary for casting.
[/size][/#008000][/font]

[signature]
the problem i find with most wading jackets is they dont provide enough coverage..there usually short sleave no hood and not long enough..you get cought in a down pour youll still get real wet..
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]All of the waders that I have seen have long sleeves with a band at the bottom to prevent water from traveling up your arm & definitely a hood.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline hwj.JPG]
[/center]
[signature]
Army Navy surplus stores carry great RaIN GEAR. Rubber coated though, so they don't breath, but in the rain...they are nice. I had the pants and the Jacket which was long (covered your rear). Pretty inexpensive.
Sometimes I like the longer jackets also. If I am wear waders, no big deal, but just working, walking or whatever else in the rain....Longer.

Buy the way, my TAILWATER wading jacket has snaps in it that you can fold it under and it turns into a deep water wading jacket.
I haven't seen too many jackets that can replace a vest as far as pockets, but I wear my vest UNDER my jacket. I think that is the idea as most vests aren't waterproof.
[signature]
i acctualy found a jacket made by hodgeman that is a full length insulated jacket with hood..is watterproof and has a detachable vest with deep pockets and loops for a wading belt..its nice just to warm for anything but winter..wish i could find a lightweigt version for warmer weather..some one told me that sims makes one like it but im scared of the price..
[signature]
i acctoally have a jacket like that but the bottom is longer with 2 more big pockets and storage netting on the back...i can hold a six pac in the netting and if im in deep enogh watter i can keep it cold..what a deal
[signature]