Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late post - LM fun and stuf - 8/20/09
Great day on the water for LM:
Kind of wish the Idaho fishing forum had a Confidential section like utah. Might post more, but in this case just had to post on my trip, but will not name where because I promised my fishing buddies. There are places that can't stand too much pressure, thus the Confidential section. Get's rid of the lurkers, etc.
Left home, had to come back because I forgot hooks and wt.s I had just bought. Left again and got on the water about noon. Only one other tuber there. Water down. Weed line was showing on top about 25-30 yds. out. Fished the N. side between the weed line and shore. Caught a bunch of dinks + some big guys. Caught a biggy that measured 17" Caught about 3 more 13-15". Nothing on the outside of the weed line. Decided to cross over to the S. side, 2/3 across found surface weeds with moderated depth and tossed my reaper on the edge so it would drop to the bottom close to the weeds. Caught several good size bass, about 14-15. Inside edge not as productive. While fishing there the other guy in his tube got close enough for “fish talk”. He was very talkative and, would you believe he was from Ogden.
He was complaining about catching a lot of small fish. Suggested he wacky hook a big sinko/worm and try. He left and tried my wacky worm method and immediately started getting big fish. Next time I need to follow my own advice and wacky hook a sinko, He called it a day and went back to his truck. Fished awhile caught a few more and decided I had had a good day and time to quit, nothing much on S. weed line. Finned back to my launch point and when I got kind of close, had a hit and it broke my line immediately. [img]../../../images/gforum/shocked.gif[/img] Must have been a biggie. That was the end, quit at about 5pm. My best guess from memory, caught a zillon dinks, about 2 at 12", about 8 at 13-15" and the 17" guy. Great day for Sparky and I for fishing about 5 hrs. .
When I got back he pulled up along side of me to yak. His engine died and wouldn’t crank!!!!! [img]../../../images/gforum/mad.gif[/img] The short of it is we jumped started his truck, he headed out, I found him on the side of the road, jump started it again, found him on the side of the road by a farm house, ended up driving him to his cabin about 50 mi. away in the opposite direction of my home, so he could take his other car and “fix” the problem”. Lucky I chose to follow him for a while. Went home tired and hungry. [img]../../../images/gforum/frown.gif[/img] Got home about 9pm.
P.S. Thanks again gstott. !!! [img]../../../images/gforum/Smile.gif[/img]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Wow, that was a full day. Good report. Sounds like you had plentyof action to keep you (and Sparky) interested. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sometimes the dinks can be pesky but if you know the lake is capable of producing larger fish then you gotta kiss them little ones and send them back to grow some more. Then catch them again when they are bigger. Also makes it more of a reward when you do hang a bigger fish. You feel more like you earned it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll bet the guy from Ogden was glad you decided to join him. First to clue him in on the fish. Second to help him get home. You're a good guy. Hopefully karma will see that you are paid back in some way. But true sportsmen would never leave a fellow angler stranded. Right? We've all been there and it is a relief to have someone bail us out.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What a cool thing to do. You da man!
Is there suppose to be pictures, cause just little blue boxes with ? in them
[signature]
Ok, I'll post a pic, wasn't going to. Yeah, I kept some for dinner so be nice, ok? There were others in the pic.but rest assured they've been eaten, mercury and all. [Smile][Smile][Smile]

[inline 17]
[signature]