Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaky heads
Anybody throwing them much. I just got back from a tournament and just started throwing shaky heads recently. I have been catching some good fish with them but I am missing well over 50% of my bites.

I have tried smaller worms and just letting them have it but nothin. If they don't straight up kill it they don't get on the hook. Who's got some pointers???
[signature]
Not sure what is causing your problem. Could be that something besides a bass is pecking at your worm. Many other fish will peck at the tail end, and even swim off with it. You'll never hook these little ones, but they will drive you crazy wondering why you are missing bass. Perhaps sharpen hooks, fast-action rod, flurocarbon line, not sure what is the problem?

Shakey head fishing is the BOMB!!!

-Rich
[signature]
Sounds like some small fish messin with you. If it doesn't suck it in, you don't want it. Alot of times while working a worm, you"ll feel a tap, but no hookup.
[signature]
Yea i'm sure some of these bites are small fish but some I know are bass and I still miss more fish with the shaky than just a texas rig.

I just saw that the Luck "E" Strike Football power head (shaky head) are putting bigger hooks on their shaky head. I think i will give them a try.

They have a 5/0 hook on the 1/8 oz and a 6/0 hook on the 1/4 oz instead of the 3/0 and the 4/0 hook
[signature]