Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any advice on local shore fishing spots
I dont have my boaters liscence to take my boat out yet. Should of had it by now but when i come home from school ill be out on it alot.

Anyways Im wondering if anyone has heard of any good spots or at least consitent spots

as per the reports guilford harbor was chock full of bunker up until sunday when that system passed through.
I decided to go back this morning got there at 5 am and was throwing plugs off the wall and the boat launch where the east river runs out. We were using 7 foot rods with 30 lb test and we had one bass blast a popper right at the dock and i guess from the immediate pressure the line snapped. We also started to chuck poppers against the north bank and had a ton of explosive strikes from stripers right at dawn.

No bunker though so they must of moved out. There were really no fish in the harbor or river thats for sure. My friend met us in his boat thinking it would be good or we could pick up some bait and head to falkners for a decent incoming tide but no bunker. We caught two 12 lb blues on plugs but nothing else.

Im going to school ( merrimack college on friday )
so pretty much have tommorow morning and thursday morning to fish some places
Not sure what my best bet will be the reports havent really been updated so dont want to throw myself out on a limb
I will call the bait shop in madison to see if guilford harbor really died off

I am thinking of heading to RI as there seems to be some good stripers being taken from shore.

Anythoughts?
[signature]
with Bill comming through,has really screwed things up.i would try protected areas,rivers,coves ect.i havent heard of really any hot spots right now.good luck at school
[signature]
I'm going back to guilford and fish from 4 to 9 on the ebb. Hopefully bunker show up. Or we can get some bass at sunrise to actuLly take a popper . I will update this tommorow. And how we did. Have no bait to chunk out in the dark which is making our options slimmer if bunker don't show up as planned.
[signature]
Sounds like you found a hot spot. Good luck on the stripers.
[signature]
No bunker equals limited fish. Caught snappers and livelined caught two blues. Was pretty stinky though
[signature]