Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tuber/fly fisher almost born.
I went to Bass Pro Shops with my best friend yesterday and got a TFO fly rod, weders, boots...........for him.
Also we ordered 3 fly reel (one for me) from cabelas
and fish cat4 for him.
Just couple more things and his going to be ready
to go[Smile]
Tomorrow we going to park to practice some more
fly casting with his new rod (my reel and line)
He cant wait go get out there and try everything. Makes
me happy as well.
He is a very good guy and I think that is going to be
good for him.
I just tought that I share.

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hey Peter glad to hear that you found a way to spend your stimulus rebate. Looks like you all are a go for tomorrow. Be sure to bring your camera as we all like lots of pics. Good luck to you and your friend. Oh does he have a pair of flipper?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I will take some pictures tommorow[Smile]
Flippers-his still not sure if he want those ones for $45.00 or force fins like mine. His trying to stay in his $1000.00 budget so we will see...........................[:/]

Peter
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]I have the Force Fins but I find them a bit heavy.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[quote Dryrod][.img]I have the Force Fins but I find them a bit heavy.[/size][/#008000][/font][/i][/quote]

Do you want to sell your force fins ?

Peter
[signature]
[center][font "Century Gothic"][#008000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]No, but thanks for asking.I just find that they're cumbersome walking on dry land. Now I know what a seal must be experiencing when they are out of their environment. lol[/font]
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
1 grand budget... tell him Ill help him spend it.. :-)..

sounds like you two are on the right track to getting him on the water and getting fish soon.. as DR said.. please take some pictures as things go on.. we all love seeing them..

as for the fins.. I like my BP 40.00 specials.. but if I had the money Id seriously look at the force fins..

MacFly
[signature]
I can attest to that.. LOL>. remember my first time at laguna niguel lake coming out of the water.. LOL

MacFly
[signature]
[quote macfly55]I can attest to that.. LOL>. remember my first time at laguna niguel lake coming out of the water.. LOL

MacFly[/quote]

first time coming out of water--Ok, now you HAVE TO share [Smile]Please

Peter
[signature]
[quote macfly55]1 grand budget... tell him Ill help him spend it.. :-)..

sounds like you two are on the right track to getting him on the water and getting fish soon.. as DR said.. please take some pictures as things go on.. we all love seeing them..

as for the fins.. I like my BP 40.00 specials.. but if I had the money Id seriously look at the force fins..

MacFly[/quote]

Well, thousand $$$ is really not that much, just think
about it- Fish cat 4 float tube, waiders, fins, boots,pfd,
pump, fly rod, two rells, two lines, fishing bag, flies, boxes, net, misl stuff.............................
$1000 goes real fast.(if you not buying just crap)

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][img]../../../images/gforum/happy.gif[/img]I was witness to Mac's dry land encounter - but I'll let him tell his story. Sort of reminded me of a gooney bird soming in for a landing. LOL [Image: happy.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
ha ha ha I cant wait [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Sorry mi amigo just couldn't resist the temptation to add my 3 cents. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
true.. but I was thinking since I already have some stuff.. well I could add more on.. and with that kind of money.. it would be fun to pick and choose.. [Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
hey.. it wasnt that bad.. LOL>.

okay.. short version.. (I hope)

after at least 6 attempts to hook up with TN2 to go float tubing for the first time we finally did on Laguna Niguel lake in OC.. beautiful small lake.. calm water.. and after getting over the initial apprehension of floating on an inner tube (what I had in my mind) I relaxed and enjoyed moving all over the place.. learning to use my flippers . steer.. etc..

it was a great day of trying to catch fish (I got skunked).. and four hours of floating on the water we decided to go in to shore..

TN2 led the way in and reminded me to come into shore backwards.. then stand up and, I quote "walk into shore"...

soooooo I listened and did as I was told.. but in the back of my head was "walk into shore"...

so I kick into shallow enough water to stand up.. about 10 feet from shore.. I stand up.. pick up my rods.. and grab the edge of the tube with the intent of pushing it in ahead of me.. mind you.. I said ahead of me ..

I turn to shore.. start pushing the tube ahead of me and start "walking to shore".. the first few steps were okay in the deeper water.. but as I got shallow.. well.. lets say DR description is pretty accurate.. LOL>. I fell three times.. got a little wet.. cussing up a storm.. and then heard either TN2 or DR say.. turn around.. BACK IN..

I did.. back in the last few feet.. I think slipped one more time without damage to anything but dignity.. and made it to shore..

.. and that mi amigos and amigas.. is how it happened.. (or at least that is my story and Im sticking to it.. [Wink])

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
thats a funny story Mcfly[Smile]. Well Im glad that you did
not get injured or anything.
Before I started float tubing I did a lot of homework. So
I did know to walk in reverse to shore. Now I can walk
normaly to shore in my force fins if there are no obsticles.
BUT Im sure that my "moment of glory" is still coming[Smile]

Peter
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]You are a good sport my friend. Thanks for the visual memories.[/size][/#008000][/font][#000000][font "Arial"][size 3][Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/font][/#000000]
[/center]
[signature]
I honestly hope that you never have a moment of glory like I did.. :-)..

now.. the irony is that I knew different.. I knew I sholuld of walked backwards.. but I was tired and was not thinking.. guess that happens to all of us at one point or the other.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
well mi amigo.. after you compared that day to me looking like a gooney bird doing a flip flop landing I had to tell my side.. LOL>>.. Sad part is.. I am sure I looke like that gooney bird.. about four different times.. LOL..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]I'm sure most tubers have a story or two to tell about their most [blush][blush] moment with their tube. While I was attempting to board my tube in very shallow waters [1st mistake] with a muddy bottom [2nd mistake] as I went to sit down from an unusual height the tube scooted away from me which left me sitting in the water and not on my tube. Too bad that one was watching for they missed a good chuckle.[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]