Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float tubing questions
Alright, I am seriously considering getting a float tube because it sounds like a lot of fun and quite frankly a boat is not in my budget. So, if you avid tubers could give me an idea of all the gear I would need and an estimate of how much it's gonna cost. Any help is much appreciated.
[signature]
Tube
Waders
Wading shoes
Flippers

Now it all depends what you want:
round tube
u-boat
v-boat
pontoon

Neoprene waders
Breathable waders

good fins
cheap fins

obviously there are different grades of equipment, all I can say is start looking at different types and see what you want. Also goto the general floattubing board. There is alot more stuff there as well.
[signature]
I think TD is the man with all the answers his tube has more gadgets than my car [laugh]
[signature]
[#008000]Hey bub922,[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Welcome to BFT ! I'm moving your thread to the Tubing Board where all the float-a-saurs hang out. They will be more than happy to share more info than you ever thought possible to exist in the world of tubes.[/#008000]
[signature]
Thanks that will make it easier for him and us to help him out.
[signature]
I do not know what they charge, but a friend and former supplier makes a pedal power pontoon boats of very high quality. Check them out. prophish [#008000][size 2](801) 397-2256 [/size][/#008000]
[url "http://www.prophish.com/"]http://www.prophish.com/[/url]
[signature]
[cool]Okay, your question has been moved over to the float tubing board. Go up to the top...where it says "Fishing Forum...Float Tube Fishing" and click on the second part. That will bring up a couple of other parts of our board you can go to for reading archives and looking at instructional picture reviews. That should help.

I am attaching a couple of PDF files for you to read as background also. Then, you need to go to Sportsmans or Cabelas and look at a few models and some fins and waders. Decide what looks best to you and come back to the board for input from the members here. They can advise you about what is good...or not...about the different options.

You can spend anywhere from less than a hundred dollars to over five hundred dollars for a tube.

Waders will run from $50 to $400 or more.

Fins from $40 to $200.

Booties or other footwear can run from $10 water shoes to exotic wading boots.

Then you have the optionals, like sonar, nets, anchors, etc. Wide open.

Welcome aboard and hope we can help.
[signature]
You should get TDs float tubing book (CD). Its the very
best wriding on tubing today.Well wort the couple of $$$.

Peter
[signature]