Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Betsie
Lurtch and I had a great time on the Betsie. I'm not going to get into details just yet because it's after 1am and we are just now done cleaning fish and I need to get some sleep.

Pictures (and some stories) to follow soon.

Sneak peak.... one of the highlights was my 15 daughter just playing around with her mom's rod... just casting from shore into 2 foot of water not really expecting anything to hit.... boy was she suprised !!!!
[signature]
YOU KNOW I GOTTA SE THOSE PICS..I GOTTA KNOW HOW UGLY I ACCUALLY AM..
[signature]

[signature]
I started to reply last night but had a slight problem to deal with , I'll post that on the other michigan board in a bit .
Looks like perfect fishing was had by you guys !!!
great photos , nice strech of river too . Defanatly a better crowd to be around .
Glad it worked out for ya'[cool].
I'm heading over to Pentwater this weekend to pick up the camper
Pretty sure it will be a one night stay-over then back home .
[signature]
if a pic is worth 10 thousand words, Dude you just wrote war and peice...

congrats, I am asuming every one went home with thier limits.

on top of which I see you found the spear mint too. [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
me and my dad and maybee my cousin well be back up there this sunday..my dads going thursday..well have a good report on how it will be..i cant garentee it will be as good will find out
[signature]
my wife always says you just got back from fishing, but when you have a trip like that you just cant get back soon enough. great lookin fish, hopefuly this weekend is even better.
[signature]
its a 2 1/2 hour drive i can plan individual days..cant wait till they come in down here ill be going every nite..after 18 years the wife nows that coplaining doest stop me..
[signature]
We had a great time on the Betsie. I'm sure we will go back again.

We were fishing only about a mile upstream from the big blue wet thing to the west and the fish were fresh fresh fresh.

They were full of life and when you hooked into one- HANG ON. because you were going for a ride. They ran up and down river like a bullet and put on several acrobat flying jumps and tripple sumersaults in the air.

In one of the pictures you will see our daughter Britney. She's not big on fishing but came alone anyway to see what the big fuss was all about each fall. It's a cool picture of her fishing. She was just playing around with Vals rod in only a couple feet of water, not really expecting anyting to hit the lure... BOY WAS SHE SUPRISED !!! All of a sudden we heard her screaming and the fish took to the air and she held on for what I"m sure she thought was her life. She ended up loosing the fish when it rolled under that log that she was standing next to but I'm sure it is something that she will remember for rest of her life.

Several fish were hooked... but was only able to land maybe 1 out of every 8 or so. There was 3 of us fishing and I took home 3. Lurtch (Mike) took home 4, we released some and also gave a few away to some less fortunate anglers downstream of us. Bottom line... we could (did) limit out rather easy but there was no way in hell we were going to climb up the mud hill with all those fish. All were in the 10-15 lbs range with a couple fish closer to 20 lbs.

Can't wait to go back and do it again.
[signature]
ill be there this sunday..you know i gotta try it again..
[signature]
Might be able to do sunday , i have family up for the weekend and gotta pick up the camper , can't promise just yet .
[signature]
ill be there if you make it ill be there somewere..if you need directions just let me know..i think you know what i look like
[signature]