Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 6/30
Took the family out to Willard Last night. Started fishing at about 8:00. The terns are starting to dive. We even came up on a few small boils. We trolled white or chartreuse grubs. When someone would hook a wiper trolling, the others would bring their line in and then we would cast for a while. This is when it got fun. We were into a small boil when I hooked into a 21 inch 4 lb wiper. At the same time my 7 year old boy hooked into a 3 pounder and my brother hooked another 3 pounder, a triple!!!! The boat was a scene of madness there for a few minutes.

In all we caught 14 wipers in less than an hour. We were out in the middle of the lake. The terns seemed to be diving all over the lake but they were pretty scattered. There wasn't dozens of terns diving in the same area, it was scattered all around the lake. The boils were small but we caught a few fish by casting, (they seem to fight a lot better when you catch them on the cast versus trolling.)

The water is very low. Be careful.
[signature]
Sounds like a good time was had by all. I think when you hook into a wiper opposed to troilling, they do fight alot more.
[signature]
Great report W.W. and glad to hear the terns has started. Now, if we can just keep enough water in their to launch our boats it should start getting fun[Wink]
[signature]
Great report!!! Love to hear the top water action!!! I would also have to agree that Angry fish in a boil, fight even more than on the troll. Dont know why. Seems like a good time though, nothing better than the 3 fish mass hysteria!!! [cool] Did ya have to break out the pecking order on the fish net??? what size heads did you have on your grubs???
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Great Report! Thanks for the info![/size][/font]
[signature]
Awesome report. It gives me hope that I might actually hook into a wiper before the year is over.
[signature]
[Wink] Great report, made my decision easy on what I will be doing tonight. Let's see, laundry or fishing?
[signature]
Yes,Great report.

Did you notice the white egrets along the shoreline,any info would be great.

thanks

Tony[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Sounds like TOOO much fun![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]If the wind don't get in the way, Fish4Food and I will be chasing them humpies tonight too.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Here's my report for the evening of 6/30 at Willard. Took a friend's new (used) boat, got it launched, motor cranked over once or twice, battery was dead, paddled/swam/horsed the %$&*# boat back on the trailer, went home. He swears he fully charged the battery but was headed out for a new one this morning.

[#ff0000]He owes me one, a BIG one....[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Been there, done that Wades2deep. Boats sure can be a pain in the a$$ when you are ready to fish[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Yup ... Like Teroy, been there ... done that. I chalk it up to just part of the boating thing.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Not holding it against him...

But it's SOOO FUN to give someone a friendly kick in the butt when things screw up!!!

$&*%'s happened before, it'll happen again.

***BTW***
Someone please clue me in on the fish symbols under the screen names, I'm new here. Looks like I've moved up to "spermazoid" status (or is it some type of parasitic worm)!!!
[signature]
The symbol will change as your post count increases
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey, Wade,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here's the deal on the fish symbols:[/size][/font]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=22985"][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=22985[/size][/font][/url]
[signature]
Thanks ww for the great report. sounds like I better get to fishin'.
[signature]