Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake 4 ,Gladwin county report
The wife, my youngest and I hit Lake 4 Tuesday evening after work to do a little fishing , bait was not on the girls list of things to use .
We started off with a few eppinger daredevil spoons , basic red and whites, silver, and greens , then we switched over to Panther martins , then some hot&tots , some pencil plugs , rapalas , the results zip zero and nadda .
It wasn't until we put on the gamatso body baits that the northern started to keep us busy , nothing under 27" was hitting and man did they hit .
i've got pics but will have to wait until the wife downloads them from her camera .
the last fish of the day absolutely wrecked the lure I was using . The hooks had to be cut off barb by barb (not without a little blood being spilled by yours truly ) and the finish on the lure was scraped with deep gouges .
If your not into the salmon run fishing this compared to the spring spawning runs is about the best time to hit your favorite fall fishing spots for some real action . fish are putting on the feed bag , are you going to disappoint them ?
How's your spot doing ? Let us know !
[signature]