Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Pond
Has anyone ever fished at Black Pond in Meriden/Middlefield? If so has any particular lure worked best for you. I've gone twice this weekend and only caught 2 very small largemouths. I tried almost everything. I don't know if the weather or the time of year has anything to do with my troubles but if anyone has any suggestions it would well be appreciated. Thanks
[signature]
I've fished it many times for trout useing live bait. [ minnows] It's a tough place to bass fish from shore, but I never did fish it for bass. Theres cat fish in there as well, so keep a line on the bottom for those boys. Sorry can't offer any favorite bait for that pond for bass.
[signature]
Thanks. I've never used minnows as live bait before. I assume you just rig them under a bobber? I fish Salmon River a lot for trout. Meal worms and garden worms work great for me over there. I do want to give the minnows a try though. I'm sure bass and pickerel will hit a minnow as well. I've only caught a few pickerel this year and I'm determined to get one more before it gets too cold lol.
[signature]
I've caught alot of pickerel there through the ice. Theres a drop off about 30-40ft from the boat launch. Always had luck there.
[signature]
Awesome, thanks man
[signature]