Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th Street Grand Rapids
I've seen a few people out in the river fishing but as far as I've heard nothing has shown up yet.

I'm going to give it a try this week (Wed or Thurs after work).
[signature]
they were stacked up at the peir last week should be here by sunday or monday..just an educated guess..ill be trying myself let you know
[signature]
ill be ther for the first time sunday nite..let you know how i do..
[signature]
Well , how did you guys do ????
[signature]
I didn't make it down there. I'll stop over tomorrow during lunch time and ask around and see what I can find out.
[signature]
hooked i salmon..landed 1 catfish sunday nite..very ..very ..slow..low watter and warm to..they were getting some two weeks ago..few guys i know were there..they were headed to the pm..lots of fish in there right now..
[signature]
I have never been to G-rapids

I google earthed it, so I think I can find the parking lot.

as to where to fish or the structure of an unknown river bottom dose make me want to hesitate a bit.

Send me a pm when things get going, if it dosnt interfear with deer hunting, I would like to give it shot with some one who knows the ropes, Let me know what gear to bring as well..
[signature]
ill get with you when we start getting some fish in..i wade it mostly but that can be a little scarry sometimes..you might be a little uncomfotable with that..i would say casting and drifting of the wall ..you would like..
[signature]
Stopped over today at lunch.Still slow slow slow... Doesn't look like they are here yet.

Claims of someone hooking one early this morning but they did not land it (so could have just been a big cat.. who knows...)

I'll keep you posted.

Depending on wether or not I get a deer Saturday morning, I plan on being down there Saturday evening. (gotta cut em up quick this time of year)

ps.. Lurtch.. found my red white blue hat yesterday so you should be able to spot me out there.

Good shootin/Fishin boys !!

Mike
[signature]
you think that hat will lure any fish in..i guess well find out
[signature]
Well as of today it is dead dead dead at 6th street. Zero fish seen... zero fish caught is the offical report.

Seems strange that they are not here yet. This time last year the run was almost half over.

I'll check back in a couple days.
[signature]
THERE HERE..hooked 15 landed 4.mostly cohos..1 steelhead..thats my report goodnite
[signature]
I stopped over at lunch time. Things looked pretty slow. Didn't see any trying to climb the ladder or jump over the dam. 5 guys fishing... no stringers and no fish on the half hour I was there...

HOWEVER ....
There was an egg trail going from the ladder to the cleaning station on the west side of the river so THEY MUST be in. (Either that or one really really big female was taken).

I'm going to fish it Tuesday after work....
[signature]
SLOW SUNDAY NITE..ALOT OF FISH TONITE LANDES 3 2 COHO I STEELHEAD.. IM FISHING WALL SIDE..I DIDNT GET THERE TILL 2.45 AM ..WAS BETTER BEFORE I GOT THERE..
[signature]
I made my way out to 6th street yesterday.

I ended up with one bite on my first cast in and then nothing...

the water level is way low, I know this becaus when I am standing the water mark on the wall is way over my head.

things were pretty dead during the day light hours, tho we could see a few jumpers.

by the time we left a fish was being caught about every 10-15 minuts. the kicker is that every one of them were being caught out of the same hole up under the dam.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/12801/cat/668"][Image: DSCN1331.JPG][/url] [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/12802/cat/668"][Image: DSCN1332.JPG][/url]
anglers were standing in line to get up in to the hole. there were only 8-10 anglers there when we first started and by the time we left there were about 30 guys standing in line to get in to the one hole that was producing fish.

We saw a lot releases, and only a copule fowled hooked wich were released emediatly, this includes the brown above.

we didnt pack the waders so we worked the hole just a few feet away from us down river. we saw fish but they didnt want anything we had to offer...

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/12799/cat/668"][Image: DSCN1329.JPG][/url] [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/12800/cat/668"][Image: DSCN1330.JPG][/url]

As we were leaving 7 more anglers were pulling in at the same time we were pulling out of the parking lot..

oh ya before I forget there was one bugle mouth caught and released.

as I was leaving I wondered, who do I see about geting some of those ground fish from the fancy fish cleaning station? [:p] My garden cant get enuff of that stuff. [cool]
[signature]
we call that hole the second run..one of the best runs on the river..thats were im at every nite after work..kind of slow tonite..thats the way it goes..got 2 in 3 hours...the ground up fish go strait into the river through an undergroun drain..fish food..sorry i missed you ..work nites didnt get there till 2 am..
[signature]
I think we pull up stakes just a bit before 11. If I had known you were going to make it, I would have hung out a bit longer...

next time I am taking my waders...

over my way, the only thing we have compairable to this kind of action is opening day of trout season. of corse ours is planted but we did get some nice 8-15 pounder browns and rainbow this last opener.. Lots of room for every one, no shortage of parking.

if you guys are intrested in what planted there next year I can clue you in just as soon as the report comes out.
[signature]
all these fish you see are planters also..most of the fish planting budget is spent making sure that theres plenty of fish in lake michigan..doesnt mean its right but thats why we get the large runs that we get on the west side of the state..its there money maker..did you know 1 charter pays over 1000..dollars to the state just to operate on lake michigan
[signature]
I beleive that cost no questions asked.

it cost the same for me to run a hot dog cart/stand for a year. I still cant justify the cost for dog stand, not untill the economy gets better... I would have to sell 2000 hotdogs just to break even for what I pay the state. then there is the cost of materials and operations....

I can only imagine how hard the charter business is being hit right now...[crazy]
[signature]
my real point is the state knows were there big moneys coming from..therefore most of there fish budget is dumped into stocking salmon and lake run browns and rainbows..i kinda think yhe east side of the state gets the short end of the stick when it comes to planting fish..except for walleyes..
[signature]