Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass & Sinkers/Bobbers
1. What kind of sinker do yall recommend for bass fishing with a plastic worm/jig/spinner/plug/spoon? I've always used the clamp-on ball sinkers.

2. Does anyone out there use bobbers anymore?
[signature]
[quote zacharypaul89]

2. Does anyone out there use bobbers anymore?[/quote]

I bobber fish as well when I get bored of cast after cast lol

Im more of live bait person but im sure it would work with a artifical.

I will have a swivel with a heavy round sinker and I have a snell hook on it as well. THen I put the bobber up like 2 feet and i rarely get the line wrap up. I like useing a medium size bobber since you can see the bobber dance around vs. the up and down bob.

But since you use artificals u could probally set a foot long leader line in place of the hook should work.

Hope that helps since it all sounds like im just rambling on lol.[:p]
[signature]
Yeah, I have never seen anyone use a bobber with a lure. Whenever I use live bait, such as red wigglers or crappie minnows, I like to have the bobber about 4 ft higher than the hook.
[signature]
I like the bullet shaped weights myself for all texas or carolina rigs. 5/16+ oz. football jigs for rocks, flippin' jigs for sticks, moss or lily pads. I've only used a weight once or twice while fishing a crankbait and that was because the wind was blowing so hard that I dragged a carolina rigged DB Minnow in the wind next to a cliff, it caught fish but mostly walleye, they were tasty too!
I can't honestly say that I've ever used a spoon in open water before but I know you can buy them in different weights.
Tungsten weights are the latest and greatest right now but they are VERY expensive. I have a 3 packs of tungsten drop shot weights that I've used only a couple times in tournaments. I thought it was a gimmick at first but with the right line the tungsten really does 'transmit' any structure it contacts and you immediately know what you're sinker/bait is in contact with after a few casts.
As far as bobbers go, I only use them with dead minnows when trout fishing. I've read articles about fisherman using the slip bobbers for a dropshot rig when dead sticking but I've yet to try it.
[signature]
Thanks! That was about as helpful answer I could've asked for. I heard a lot of talk about the tungsten weights being way more compact, but a few dollars more. Never tried them though.
[signature]