Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat ramps
Can anyone tell me Where there are boat ramps on the occoquan res in VA . Lookes like a awesome place to fish . Thanks for anyones time .Titelines [fishin]
[signature]
I would also trade a trip . trip on the susquehanna river for smallies .
[signature]
No need for help . I found boat ramps for there. Thank god for Bing Maps and the net
[signature]
Can anyone tell me if the occoquan reservoir in VA. Does it have a horsepower limet ? thanks for any info
[signature]
thats a good question, tho I have seldom seen motor limitationss, more that it was a no wake limits and it dosnt matter how small your motor is.. electric or otherwise.
[signature]
No one seems to know Dave . I guess ill have to get on the landline and make some calls , Thanks for your time Davetclown
[signature]
Well I made some phone calls today and I found out there is a 10 hp limit on the lake . Or just use your trollingmotor only if you have a motor over 10hp. Darn that sucks .
[signature]
it must be a pretty small lake then.

there are a couple lakes by me that have no gas motors allowed on it at all, electric only.

you should see the big pontoon boats with electric motors.. lol

those lakes are only a couple hundred acres, I can row across the longest point in 15 minuts.

I am suprised you dont have a spare kicker motor on your boat... most every one in michigan with big motors have small kicker motors. primarily because it is dangerous not to... you get run over by ocean bound freighters if your main motor fails to start for some reason...

I have seen that a lot up this way, even on new motors. the last time I saw a big motor not start was just a couple weeks ago, fortunatly for him he hadnt set off down river cuz he didnt have a kicker motor, or even an electric troller...

there has to be a reason for the limited motor limit, the lake being shallow, sensitive shore line, lake being to narrow.. ect..

so dose this mean you wont be able to fish it?
[signature]
I could fish it I guess .The lake is 12 miles long and i guess i could just use my trolling motor . Im going to start looking for a small kicker motor for the bak of my boat just to use in lakes like that . Thanks for the responce Dave take care and wet nets to ya !!
[signature]