Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike lures
I'm going to a lake next weekend which i hear has tons of pickerel. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should use? Haven't really fished for pickerel much.
[signature]
try 5 1/4 " rapala floating minnow, daredevle spoons, reef runner ripstick 700 perch or green perch.
[signature]
Thanks, I have tons of daredevle spoons. I do have a jointed rapala floating minnow. I hope that works just as well as the regular floating minnow for pickerel. Thanks again.
[signature]
For me I always used Heddon Torpedo and minnow lures and Mepps spinners. Then try a lure called Lazy Ike, and spoons like Dare Devil. I have made a spoon that wasn't painted, I painted it yellow with Black spots then attached a Indiana double spinner copper or chrome silver color. The minnows are Mepps and Rapala solid and jointed bodies. Let me put this way chain pickerel are just aggressive and a great attacking ambush and chasing fish. Have fun and good luck
Dennis
[signature]
Thanks for the tips Dennis. I appreciate it.
[signature]
You should try a PK flutter fish. They work really well on muskies and pickeral. Just go to www.pklures.com to check them out. The site doesn't have any available right now but you could probably contact the owner of the company by clicking on the about page. Good luck.
[signature]