Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracker Pro deep V 16'
Earlier this spring I bought a 2003 package deal from Tracker thru a local dealer

I have had problems getting the boat to come up on plane. The package motor

a Merc. 40hp just does not have the balls to handle the new design that Tracker

came up with for 2003. Even with prop changes the rpm's came up but the boat

didn't. I recomend that if you are going to buy a package boat, do not go with the standard [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][/size][/black][/font]

motor. Upgrade right from the start. I have worked out a deal with my local

dealer so the upgarde was not to painful on my wallet. They originally wanted

to depreciate my 40hp and I wouldn't stand for that. But I do have to pay again

for a new install and the upgrade to a 60hp Merc. By the way the new wider and deeper design

makes for a very fishable boat and handles ruff water easily. Tracker has a good product

but needs to rethink the power. Chief.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind soon as I can afford a new boat.
[signature]
[Wink] Did it have power trim ? I have to work mine with the amount of weight I have in the boat !

Flagmanonice.......................
[signature]
[cool]Yes the tracker 40hp has power trim. It is just that the 40 does not have

enough power to get the boat up. I believe it is because of the deep V design

there is not enough flat area toward the rear of the boat. The 40 comes with a

13 pitch prop. The rpm's from that pitch was max at just under 5000 rpm's giving

a top speed for the boat of about 19 mph. This is not enough for this boat all it

does is push the boat thru the water. We had the dealer change it to a 10

pitch. This gives more rpm's up to 5800 but did not help much with the speed

needed to get a good plane. And it took longer to get there you have to use

the throttle very slow other wise it creates a vortex around the prop and goes no

where. I will be getting the boat back this week and will be using ot all next

week fishing for stripers on the Merrimac river in Mass. I'll post an update

when I return. Chief
[signature]
[center]This is a pic of my Tracker most everything is done but as with any boat it is still a work in progress. Chief.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=568;][/center] [center]for a larger veiw click on attachment 007[/center]
[signature]
[Smile] Nice rig chiefpanfish !!!!!
[signature]
You've got a nice rig there I'd be proud to have it. Tanks for sharing the info.
[signature]
I would go even bigger than the 60hp if you can. A friend of mine has a 16' with a 60 hp and it don't do do real good with a couple of guys in it.
[signature]
Thanks for the insight, Skeeter2 I have had four in up till now and it comes out of the hole fine. Then my top speed is 30mph of which I am happy with. With just me and my lady it does about 35mph. The motor is still breaking in so it should get even a little better.Yesterday I winterized it and put it up for the winter. It seems like the summer months just flew by. Chief.
[signature]
Hi chief. Couldn't help but notice the top on your tracker. Thats neat. Is it a Tracker product??
[signature]
i've gotta 15' bass style boat and it's gatta 75hp merc on it. it comes right out of the water and does about 50 mph. if the boats rated for it and you have the funds i'd try a 75 or prehaps even a 90hp. Mines rated for a 100 hp but i don't know if it would handle it 100hp on 15' of boat might be fun though
[signature]
Since I stepped up to a 60HP the boat is much better and I am happy with it 30MpH is fine by me and it handles well. The boat is rated to a 75HP. Maybe in the future I will be getting a different boat one that will be suitable for salt and fresh water.
[signature]