Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappie Baits???
I finally found a place with a nice amount of crappie. But i have no experience with crappie [frown] so i don't know what to catch them on. I've heard of using minnows and i've thought of using crickets and grasshoppers. Please give any suggestions. Any help is appreciated, thanks. [Smile]
[signature]
Try using small tube jigs, or any small type of grub jig. Minnows work great too.
[signature]
http://www.mistertwister.com/products/de...nie+-+2%22
These are probably the best crappie lures on the market for many areas and lakes of the country. A 2" curly tail on a 1/32 oz head with a wax worm or a little Smelly Jelly under a bobber about 3' is killer on crappies. Tube jigs in the same length will catch plenty of fish too. The black/green, red/green, pink/green, and red/black/green are my favorites. Search my posts from previous years on "crappie" and you will get a lot of info.[cool]
[signature]
how deep is the water,?
[signature]
it ranges from like 6 feet to 40 but where i've seen the most crappie, and caught one, was only like 10 feet
[signature]
Try crankbaits, from the shore line to deep first try strike kings bitsy pond minnow, tenn. shad or firetiger. Then go deeper wally marshall crappie crankbaits, pearl shad,green horn. They do also make spinner baits for crappies 1/16,1/8 oz. johnson beetle spin . GOOD LUCK AND FUN .
[signature]
I bought these with Crappie in mind... the top little one sinks so great for deep water. other's are floaters .. great for fishing close cover on top.

[Image: 1888875.jpg]
[Image: 1888874.jpg]
[Image: 1888873.jpg]
[Image: 1888881.jpg]

CrankBait SuperStore
150+ Models for $2 Each
If your catching them in 10 FOW here is my advice:

Get a small slip float on your line first, set it around 8-10'.

Tie on a 1/32oz jig head, about 2 feet up your line - The point of tying 2 feet up your line is to allow you to fish another jig below the first one.

Make sure to leave 2 feet of tag line after you tie on the first jig. Then tie on the second.

Each crappie fisherman has a set of colors he usually lives by. Although, when he hears Black and Chartreuse is hitting, you better believe he'll at least try it out.

My favorite, and most successful crappie bait is litl' hustler tubes manufactured by Southern Pro Tackle.

You can find them, along with a color chart here:
http://www.southernpro.com/LH.cfm
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif]you sound like a bait fisherman, me too. the best live bait i have found is minnows , small in earley spring bigger later . BobM