Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pheasant Hunting
Anyone else on here getting ready for pheasant hunting. Can't wait.[cool]
[signature]
Hopefully be getting out Sat-Mon if I get my deer Thursday or Friday.
[signature]
Opening day here for pheasant is this Saturday. There's a chance of showers though. Hopefully it turns out to be a good day and the dogs do well. I'll fill you in on how it goes. Let me know if you end up getting a deer Thursday or Friday. I'd love to see pictures. Good luck
[signature]
Same to you. Pheasent opens here Sat also deer opened last weekend.
[signature]
You know, I've always wanted to get into deer hunting but never actually followed through with it. There's a lot of deer here in CT but public land really gets hammered with hunters and deer are so easily spooked( from what I hear). But if I could find some private land to hunt on I will definitely start deer hunting. Have you had any luck yet this year?
[signature]
This will be my first deer hunt this tear. I went out once looking for bear and wolf with no luck.
[signature]
I havent been phesant hunting in years. I cant remember the last time I saw a phesant in my part of the woods.

They dont plant them like they did in years past, Phesants are not native to north america, not being a ground nester they fall prey to coons possoms and snakes.

I have had to raise my own if I wanted them for fall dinners.

there is a pheasant season in michigan, but your by far better off going to a put and take ranch for them in this state.

our biggest thing now is turkey. they are native to north america and roost in trees just as soon as they can take flight. and they are spooky like deer..

I took my first one last year. hopin for another this year. the season opened today but I wasnt able to go...
[signature]
There's tons of turkey here in CT. I'd love to give turkey hunting a try someday. I'm a member of a fish and game club so the pheasants are pretty well stocked.The state does an ok job stocking as well. I hunt state land sometimes. I'll come across a chuckar or a woodcock. Woodcock are wild here but the chuckar are stocked sometimes. Usually towards Thanksgiving. Pheasant is some really good eating though.
[signature]
That they are[:p], that is why I raise a few now and then to have a few on hand for the holidays.
[signature]
If I had more room in my yard I'd love to have a few as pets.
[signature]
Got two hens yesterday morning. A lot of birds went up. I missed a few lol. I totally forgot to take photos. I'll try to remember for next time.
[signature]