Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing and 4-H
I work for the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service as a county Extension Agent. The UA Cooperative Extension service provides leadership to 4-H Youth Development programs throughout Arkansas. 4-H is an adult volunteer-driven organization for youth ages 5-19.

I am currently looking for volunteers who would be interested in starting a 4-H club in the Ft. Smith, Arkansas area. Three to four volunteers would be needed to start a new 4-H club. Our office (Sebastian County Cooperative Extension Service) will provide training, materials, resources, and support to 4-H clubs and their volunteers.

Arkansas 4-H has many youth and family programs that would be of similar interest to your association such as: Family Boat Building, Global Positioning Systems Workshops, Forestry and Wildlife Camp, Arkansas Adventure Program (hiking, canoeing, and backpacking), Wildlife Habitat Contest, Elk Workshop, Fishing Education, Adventure and Challenge Camp, and Responsible Environmental Stewardship-Quest (RES-Q).

Please let me know if this is something that would be of interest to you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give send me a message. I look forward to hearing from you.
welcome to BigFish

Its good to see another 4-H'er on the boards

Lots of luck on your efforts. There is nothing more rewarding than teaching youths the fine arts of fishing and outdoorsmansship

to check out what I have been doing just clink on the link below my pic.

for others who might be interested and are not aware of 4-H it is a youth group that works with boys and girls in all sorts of life teaching skills. (all skill levels are important and valuable to our developing youth of today)
[signature]