Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunked
Fished for about 3 hours at a local pond this afternoon. This pond has produced tons of bass for me in the past, but nothing seemed to work today. Must be the weather changing. Anyone have a bait or lure they tend to use a lot more in the fall when the water temperature drops?
[signature]
Don't feel bad about being skunked. I fished a local tourney this weekend and came in second place with two fish!!! First place had two fish also. There was low pressure rolling in, rain and lightning.
Fall can be tough, bass are getting fat for the winter preying on young of the year minnows (which were plentiful where I was at) so getting them to react to anything else is tough. My two keepers were caught on an Excalibur lipless crank with a VERY fast retrieve. I think the the only reason they bit was out of reaction.
My favorite fall baits are the above mentioned crank (I'll see if I can find a picture), dark colored tubes and a jig.
[inline Excalibur.jpg]
[signature]
I hear that. Five days of fishing up north and two I got skunked as my buddy got a few fish in the front of the boat. Cranks in white worked for us when they did bite. Not one fish on sencos.[crazy] It's been a tough time, but thats fishing. Remember the good times when everything worked. And to top it off, Bassmasters calander said it was the best days to fish all month. Maybe I'll stay home till October.
[signature]
yeah, right before I left I just threw on a yellow spoon just to see if I could at least catch a pickerel, but nothing. I don't have many lipless cranks, I might order myself one of those. Well, hopefully we both have better luck before everything freezes.
[signature]
I thought about just going after trout for the rest of this week, but I'm just going to suck it up and fish that spot again on Wednesday. This weekend I'll be at the river though hoping to have better luck there.
[signature]
would you try crankbait for me,? bill dance citrus shad , made by bomber. you have to find if they want it fast or slow retrieval, . or old saying goes you were not holding your mouth right. GOOD LUCK
[signature]
You know, I've seen adds for that lure everywhere. Always wanted to try it out. We'll I'll be going out for a couple hours today, I'll be back later and let you guys know how I did.
[signature]
So i went out for a couple hours today. Didn't get skunked though, got myself a pickerel. I was using a double bladed spinner bait. After releasing it, i realized the fish had bit off one of the blades lol. First time that's ever happened to me. Here's a picture of the fish though.
[signature]
Thats a start , you are bank fishing ? Ok try some spoons , there casting spoons. If you have smallmouth bass, rebel crawfish . What you need to do is find out what bait fish ,grass hopper ,worms, grubs, and so on are in your area. What state are you from: it will help me help you. GOOD JOB.
[signature]
I'm from Connecticut. I just got into bass fishing about 2 years ago. I fished trout my whole life. But this time of the year has always been a challenge for me. In a sense I kind of like it lol.
[signature]
when the tempature drops i like to fish dropshot when it gets a little bit higher ill go to topwaters. and when it gets even higher ill go to worms
[signature]
I began to notice that trend myself. Thanks for the advice. Get any good catches this year?
[signature]
you bet i caught a 10 pound bass. then i caught his mama a 12 pounder. but besides that ive been catching 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,and 9, pounders also on this tactic.
[signature]