Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone remember a machine some guy sold on internet that made like plankton apprear by the boat and then....
small fish come for plankton then other fish come to eat those fish and within like an hour you have a swarm of bait fish surrounding the boat?

-Mike
[signature]
Is it anything like the little sea monkey kit you use to be able to buy?
[signature]
It's not a machine, but a submergable fluorescent light. It attracts phytoplankton, which attracts zoo plankton, which attracts bait fish, etc. May take longer then an hour though, depending on the type of water. Works in both fresh and salt water, and is illegal in some states, so check that out.
Hope this helps.[fishon]
[signature]
I was being sarcastic because it's a joke. It's that "midnight secret" or some crap like that. If you want bait to swim by your boat, do it the right way. Toss a chum bag over the side. [cool] It's cheaper, and you won't be disappointed.
[signature]
[laugh]
Hey Tarpon4Me!
Now that's a novel idea, chum! LOL
We use the "midnight secret" lights down here along the docks in Florida, and they definitely attract the Snook and Snappers big time. They are on all night so actually works out much cheaper then the equivalent time spent chumming, plus it's a s'et it and forget i't convenience; it's always working all night and you go fish whenever you want to.
Of course you are 100% correct; from a boat chum is the ticket.
Good fishing!
[fishon]
[signature]
Why not just mount some external flood lights to the end of the dock?
[signature]
Hi Tarpon4Me,
The flood lights also work, but nowhere near as well as the submerged lights. I'm guessing because they do a much better job of attracting the tiny critters that attract the little critters that attract the finned critters that attract the big critters!
Fishing under lights at night is always a good bet, but the underwater fluorescents
can't be beat.
[fishon]
[signature]
I suppose. I can't speak from experiance as i've never used lights as an attractant except for Crappie in freshwater. And even then, the difference IMHO is neglegible for the effort invovled.

I know in saltwater, speckled trout and weakfish are particularly sensitive to lights deployed during night fishing. I understand that this is a good tactic. However, i've never tried it since I never have a problem catching them during the day. [:p]

The only thing i've personnally found lighting to be efficient for, in regards to fishing, is flounder gigging. [cool]
[signature]
And shrimping.
Never done any gigging, nor fishing for reds and trout at night. Just snook here in Florida, and stripers up north saltwater, and big brown trout in freshwater.
Anyway, lights or no lights, you can't catch a fish unless your hook's in the water!
Have a great day and good fishing.[fishon]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]When I lived in So. Florida one could see shrimp gathering by the tens of thousands in the light shining from the pier. Catch a bunch with a net and fish all night.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Hi Dryrod,
Either that or just go home and eat shrimp all night! LOL
Cheers.[fishon]
[signature]
Does this thing really work?
[signature]
I wrote some for the the guy and got to look at it it worked pretty well and all.
[signature]