Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon River, NY - Newbie
I'll be headed up to the Salmon River in NY in a couple weeks. This is going to be my first time fishing for salmon. Any tips? What's a good bait for salmon? Early mornings, daytime, early evenings - what's best? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
I am heading up this weekend! this is my second trip so by no means am I a expert but any time of the day is good from what I ave been reading this is the biggest run in years!!! As for bait it doesnt matter because the salmon dont realy bite. you have to "float" the bait to them and hook them that way. They do a thing called "lifting" basicaly you toss out your line and let the bait float down until it is straight in frount of you and then lift your line up in the air you will know if your on a fish or not.

Good Luck happy fishing
[signature]
Did you have any luck?
[signature]
Well it took a while to get back to you but yeah we had a blast. between the three of us that went up we must have had about 50 hook ups but only managed to land 6 fish the river was just a little to fast at 1350cfs so that made things a little tougher then usual.
[signature]
post pics!@!!!
[signature]
If you go to my home page they are in my photo albms
[signature]