Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PT709SS Purchase and Range Test
I just recently picked up a Taurus PT709 SS Slim a couple weeks ago. Since the purchase, i've put around 200 rounds through it, so not quite broken in.

[Image: 709SS.jpg]

The pistol is very slim and light weight. If you conceal carry, it's perfect for that. I carry it in an in-pants front holster and hardly notice it's there. The slim frame really makes a difference when you sit down or walk for a distance.

At the range, I was very surprised with the accuracy of this pistol out of the box. It is a sub-compact, so it's got a short barrel. However, I was able to get it on paper at about 65 meters. My 14 year old son was able to put them in a dinner plate at 15 meters, doing quick burn out drills and combat re-loading. That should give you an idea of the ease of this gun to shoot, even for an inexperianced (but well instructed) teenager.

I believe it's had two or three FTF, but they went off on the second trigger pull. So, all rounds accounted for. Something i've noticed about Taurus, and some other brands of pistols, is they need two or three hundred rounds put through them to loosen up the firing pin and get that factory packing grease moving. Once this is done, usually, the short strikes are taken care of. If not, to get the rest of the original greast out, a heavy spray down with a good gun cleaner is in order, then another couple hundred rounds through it. After that, she should be peeling rounds out flawlessly.

This was definately worth the 350 bucks I put into it. I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase, and I hope that if any of you are in the market for a concealable 9mm, you'll think about this one. I thought about the Glock and the XD's, but for the money, you can't beat the Taurus.
[signature]
Nothing like breaking in a new toy.[cool] Congratulations on the new Taurus.
[signature]