Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youth hunt results
Well I'm proud of her , she "hunted " .
Private land , with the correct licenses because the Jr. Combo license doesn't cover firearm in her age group . She purchased her Jr. firearm and a private land antlerless .
No bait like some guys do for their kids dispite the ban . We scouted the property in advance and found the trails , set up trail cams together and got the pics we needed to make her choice on a deer .

She picked out her doe despite the couple spikes and small 4's we had pics of and then we built the ground blind together from branches logs and ferns .
I explained why I was making the blind this way and that because of things like wind , the morning and evenings light direction and advantage points of the surrounding ground cover and lack of cover for shooting lanes .
Saturday not one sighting during the A.M. , leaving our house in the afternoon we had five deer in our driveway , hopes were high .
First to come in was a single doe but she spooked when my gal stood up to stretch , even I didn't see that one sneak in on us .
Second was a group of three antlerless , My girl wouldn't take a butt shot at them and they never turned .
Third was a couple , mom and a yearling , she let them pass .
Fourth was a group of three but they were on a neighbors property just feet from the line , an easy shot but she knew it wasn't the right thing to do .
Sundays hunt .
We were fogged in during the morning hunt so the afternoon hunt was all we did . One deer came in , not just a deer a very nice 9 point buck that would have scored a easy 115 to 120 .
She drew up and thats where it happened , her first hard core case of "Buck Fever ".
She started shaking and couldn't stop , I kept whispering over and over "It's only a target , pumpkin , think of it as a target , put your sights on the bullseye and squeeze the trigger " .
By now the buck is looking at her looking at him and he gets a little uneasy with the whole situation and bolts .
"That was awesome dad , another second and I would have had him ".
I asked if she was Sad about not getting one and she said no , she's not done yet , those deer don't know who they are messing with .
Gotta love that spirit and ethics .
[signature]
Sounds like a great hunt.

Congrat to her... looking forward to some pics with her and her prize later on in the year.
[signature]
Thaqnks !
I'de have her bowhunting with me but we have to get her another new bow first .
She has a new PSE but the draw weight is too much for her after her broken coller bone from last year .
she can use a 30# to 35# bow .

The PSE is around 70#, 28"draw with a drop rest on it , right handed , anyone interested ? I can post a pic .
[signature]