Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
places to fish/ buying new rod
ok, it's kinda late in the season...but for future reference:

where are the best places (in ur experience) to fish for bass in North Park, Twin Lakes, Keystone, and/or Moraine?

I've fished each but Moraine once...Twin Lakes I had a bit of luck, but North Park and Keystone = no....so where do u guys get lucky in those parks/lakes?

and while I'm at it. I'm thinkin of buying a new rod....I think I'm mainly going to use it for fishing smallies in the river, but some lmb every once and a while on lakes. I'd like to get into using more lures now (been using live worms/minnows since i started back in summer). So medium action right?
[signature]
Never fished any of them lakes, so i cant help you there. However with the rod i really depends on what type of lures you are fishing as to what action to get. You can use the same rod for smallies and largemouth so no worries there. You could get a medium action but i think for a good all round bass rod i would go with med/heavy action. Reason being is when i fish for bass i am always horseing them up out of weeds and you need a rod with a good backbone to do that. Sometimes medium action is a little to forgiving for that type of fishing.
[signature]
i think that i'll mainly be trying to use plastics (worms, creatures...that stuff)...and occasionally topwater and spinners...but mainly plastics...
[signature]
Not many places to fish in keystone without a boat. I Hear its loaded with tons of bass, pike and musky though. I tried fishing there but it was full of omish and I didnt see a single spot to shore fish from.
As for a rod I love the 7ft Medium/light-fast action rods. If you can get it with a bait caster even better. but i got one for reel. Im not to hardcore on haveing to cast the thing 2 seconds faster. Im not tourney fishing so ever second doesnt count for me. Make sure you get the warranty on the rod cause I didnt and got it stuck in a tree walking though the woods and the tip broke off. I have a light action reel on it as well. I have yet to find a medium action reel i liked.[fishin]
Have you caught anything on the artificals yet?
[signature]
u could say so...i've got some nibs on the worms...I don't know if it's caz i'm using them wrong or what? Like I've been texas rigging them and casting out...waiting a bit, wiggle rod a bit, then wait, then start reeling back in with slight pauses/jerks every now and then...none on cranks...
[signature]
since you are going to be using alot of plastics with this rod i would recommend getting a med/heavy rod with an extra fast tip. It will let you feel exactly what that bait is doing down there on the bottom with that tip and it will have the power to get the fish out of the thick stuff. I believe i found the perfect plastic rod. Its mad by powell and i have been fishing with it all year and i can feel every stump rock and most importantly fish that i hit. Im sure you are not interested in spending $140 + for a rod but if you go to dicks and tell them what you are looking for and a price range im sure someone will be able to help you out. Personally i would prefer you go to cabelas or bass pro because they know what they are talking about but there is not one of them really close. If you have the means to get to cabelas in WV i would highly recommend it. Talk to those guys there, you will probably learn something.
[signature]
yea haha i would go to cabela's or bass pro but too far away...i think i might go down to GA soon and on the way there's a bass pro so i might stop by..idk. Thanks for the help!
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=Aznavalanche"]Aznavalanche[/url] What part of PA do you live?. Just asking . to see how close you are to me. Im near harrisburg
[signature]
i live near pittsburgh...
[signature]
thanks bud . Thats a little to far about 4 hours
[signature]