Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
woolly wisdom
So, I won this woolly wisdom book on ebay ($15.00 +
free shipping).
Woolly buggers have been very good to me so I tought
that I may look at those little guys a little closer.
Book should be at my house in few days.
Anyone has this book? Any opinions? Please.[Smile]
[Image: !BbEBrTw!2k~%24(KGrHqYH-C4EquiQBtyRBKuQ!NWUMw~~_35.JPG]

Peter
[signature]
between you, DR and FG ebay must be doing well.. LOL..

looks like a good deal.. Ive never read it so I curious what people say about it.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Well on amazon.com people seem to love that book. I was just wondering what YOU guys think of it.[Smile]

Peter
[signature]
me too... Im sure at least one of the regulars has a copy :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]With tying instructions for over 400 patterns, how could you go wrong.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
do you have a copy of that book??
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]No I don't. I can't count that high. lol.[Image: bobwink.gif]
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
I cant either... I used to think I could then I got in trouble for taking my shoes and socks off at work.. [laugh]

wonder if FG has a copy and if so what she thinks.. or maybe SF... we will see..

but I am really curious to hear what peter thinks about it once he gets it in and has a chance to look thru it..

MacFly
[signature]
I don't have a copy. Woollys always seemed easy enough to me and I am sure there is over 400 variations of them.
Never been a big Bugger fan, but after this last trip.....
You guys realize Denny Rickards seal bugger is a woolly bugger. Dubbing loop as the chenille.
[signature]
I wonder if his version of the bugger is in that book??

If that book seems worth it I may ask Santa wife to get me a copy for Christmas :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Doubt it, Rickards has his own book and doesn't share.
[signature]
lol.. that figures.. :-)

MacFly
[signature]
I will report after I look throu the book. Woolly bugger
and woolly worm is my # fly so this book is made for
me [Smile]
I caught many things on wooly bugger- Trout, bass,panfish, frog, turtle.....................and many others.
WB is going to be my first fly I like to try to ty.

Peter
[signature]
I think I am going to need to take a look at this book. I love the buggers.[cool]
[signature]
now that is a good sized frog.. how did the legs taste???

the WB and WW are two very easy flies to tie.. Scruffy Fly took me step by step on them and I was amazed at how simple they are .... two years ago when I was on vacation with family in TN I tied up some wooly worms and I caught the biggest fish of the trip on that fly.. the feeling of catching a fish on a fly you tied is amazing.. :-)...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I cant wait to start learing tying fies. After I come back
from Sierras I will get some simple starter wise and
stuff and geve it a go.
I love learning new things and fly fishing is never
ending so thats one of the things I love about FF.

Peter
[signature]
by this time next year when you go back to the Sierras Im betting you will have boxes of flies you tied to use...:-)

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]One of the benefits of tying is that I don't get upset any more when I lose a fly. The cost is less than two bits compared to that of store bought bugs of at least a buck or more.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
true.. plus there is the relaxation of working on a fly and having to concentrate on that helps me to block out all the other cares of the world.. :-).. but that is just me..

MacFly
[signature]
[quote macfly55]by this time next year when you go back to the Sierras Im betting you will have boxes of flies you tied to use...:-)

MacFly[/quote]

That is the plan my friend [Wink]
[signature]