Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
woolly wisdom
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Planning on soaking this dude on my next outing. That is if my dries with a nymph dropper don't entice a bite.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline wb.jpg]
[signature]
black... size 12... :-) ... the fish last year were the first ones Id ever caught on a fly I tied...:-)..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I think my favorite woolly bugger would have to be the HOT CHOCOLATE because it is what the BIG FISH like.
[signature]
Lol now you have me posting pic of flies [laugh] oh and don't laugh i was always told the uglier they are the more fish they catch

[Image: flys002.jpg]
[Image: flys004.jpg]
[Image: flys003.jpg]
[signature]
Works for me. For someone who seldom uses WB, I have tied sooooooo many the last few days.
Poky is in town and we are hitting the Berry tomorrow. I have tied white, pink, Chartreuse, Orange.....you name it!!!!!! I am sooooo done tying right now, ARGH!
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Works for me. For someone who seldom uses WB, I have tied sooooooo many the last few days.
Poky is in town and we are hitting the Berry tomorrow. I have tied white, pink, Chartreuse, Orange.....you name it!!!!!! I am sooooo done tying right now, ARGH![/quote]
Lol you forgot a purple flashabou ya have to have one of those [Wink]
[signature]
Purple Showgirl.....Kind of a WB. HOT PINK is suppose to be the ticket plus white. I guess we will find out.
PURPLE is awesome though....Hmmmmmmm....NO, NO no more!!!!!
[signature]
lol [laugh] I'm kind of fond of purple too I would have had a purple crystal flash bugger up there in the pic but lost the 2 i had on the last trip. good luck and make sure you post pic
[signature]
hey sis.. when you gonna restock me in wb's and hoppers... [laugh] ...

hope ya'll have a great weekend of fishing... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
NO MORE WB! AHHHHHHH! for now anyway[Wink]
Dang, now I am thinking a COUPLE Purple might not be a bad thing.....ARGH!
[signature]
lol... you are tooo much sometimes sis.. Id say put the vice away and enjoy your fishing.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Okay...great day. 21 degrees when we launched...BRRRRRRR even to me.
Wind, with gusts at times, but been in worse.
I tied up all those Woolly buggers, right. Alan caught a couple on the Hot Pink. ALL 16 of mine were caught on Kelly Galloupe Sex Dungeon in Black and White, BIG like 4". Plus his Brown Sculpin in a #2.
To rest my mind however, I do feel the HOT PINK WB I had on as a dropper helped as an attractor.

ALL THOSE WB STILL IN THE BOX >>>>>>>DRY! ARGH.
Here is the Sculpin

[Image: IMG_1952.jpg]

Here is the White Sex Dungeon:

[Image: IMG_1972.jpg]
[signature]
awesome sis... do you have pictures of those flies not in a fishes mouth .. [Smile]

how long are you gonna be out fishing...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Here is the Sex Dungeon:

[Image: FFMP-070500-TRIGER-01comp6.jpg]

And here is the sculpin, except mine had a brown tail and GLOW BUG material tied under head like an egg.

[Image: flygalloupswoolysculpin.jpg]
[signature]
What kind of line do you use to connect the two hooks in the articulated streamer?

You said yours was white and black. What part was black?
Thanks!!
[signature]
One White One and One Black One, not mixed. Kelly also uses lead eyes, I didn't and they still worked, but I was using a very fast sinking line.
Maybe with a Type II or III the lead eyes could make all the difference.

He also uses wire to connect the hooks (front hook, one size larger than back). I use 13 lb mono. The red beads are also important I think.
[signature]
both those flies look awesome sis.. and obviously they worked for you.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Those are some good looking flies. I bet they will bring the big boys out to play. Should be good for bass too.

Is there a web page somewhere with the tying instructions and more pictures?
[signature]
There is a DVD on Netflix and I bet Blockbusters

http://www.flyfishtv.com/vid_detail/Arti...eamers.htm

As far as the Sex Dungeon:

http://www.flyfisherman.com/ftb/kgtrigger/index5.html
[signature]
sounds like you had a very good day and those are some great looking flies
[signature]