Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bluegill/crappie set-ups?
Hey does anyone know a good set-up (hook, bobber, swivel,etc.) for bluegill or crappie?
thanks!
[signature]
Jig tipped with a worm always works. You can place it under a bobber or if you are above them in a tube or boat just place it in front of them. Both work.
[signature]
I just use what you said. A bobber, swivel, and a hook. Always works for me.
[signature]
a slip bobber and a a small jig, fly or hook and worm or grub.

And welcome to the forum, please be sure and share any pictures and stories of your outings.
[signature]
I use a worm and hook with a bobber medium depth or sometimes a minnow and hook.
[signature]
[quote idahopanfish]a slip bobber and a a small jig, fly or hook and worm or grub.[/quote]

^This. I like to go with the smallest jig I can get away with for the depth I'm fishing, with a cricket or waxie, under an appropriately sized slip bobber. Subtle dancing with that jig and that set up has never failed me.
[signature]
Could you use a drop shot for Crappie? I was thinking of having an extra rod in my boat set up with a drop shot rig. That when When I'm out fishing and I cross over some fish sitting of a point I can drop that down to them. I was more thinking of Walleye with this technique but if it works for Crappie as well that that would be a huge bonus!

As for the original question about actually catching Crappie, I have never fished for them before so I have no idea how to catch them.
[signature]
drop shoting is a great way to ish for them. I do it with a jig on the bottom and my drop shot hook above the jig. You an try different colors and baits that way.
[signature]
Sounds like a great set up to me. I'm defiantly going to try that. Thanks for the help!
[signature]