Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach 9/30/09
Me and my three buddies fished willow beach for stripers and trout no strikes on stripers but we caught a nice bunch of trout.Going to try and get there on friday after the trout plant the stripers should be waiting
[signature]
Man that is alot of fish. What is the limit out there?
[signature]
10 fish per day so with 4 anglers they just about limited out by that picture. Kupchoi, how long did it take to catch limits and what all were they biting on? My wife and I want to head down to Willow and have a go at the trout.
[signature]
Yeah it's 10 trout. We caught them on mostly power bait didn't matter what kind and some on spinners yellow and orange color did well fished for about 2 or 3 hours.
[signature]
Holy crap thats a alot of trout I suggest smoking them [sly] been out there before only catching about 2-3 a trip off uncle josh anise trout bait. Hey kupchoi where u fishing from the pier or the shoreline????thanks alot peace
[signature]
We fished the pier but mostly worked the shoreline up and down. One of my buddies fish there all the time so we just followed his lead anytime the bite would stop he would move spots or change up his set up or bait presentation it was cool to watch him at work.
[signature]
I'm heading out to willow beach in a little bit. It will be friday morning when I get there. Maybe Ill see someone down there. I'm going to try fishing from the fishing dock this time.
[signature]
[quote kupchoi]We fished the pier but mostly worked the shoreline up and down. One of my buddies fish there all the time so we just followed his lead anytime the bite would stop he would move spots or change up his set up or bait presentation it was cool to watch him at work.[/quote]

Cool thanks keep us posted on any future reports peace
[signature]
[quote Jimboslice]I'm heading out to willow beach in a little bit. It will be friday morning when I get there. Maybe Ill see someone down there. I'm going to try fishing from the fishing dock this time.[/quote]

Let us know how it goes[cool]
[signature]
Willow was fun Friday morning 10/2/09. I went out mainly to throw my trout swim bait on the big pole, but ended up fishing for trout mostly. Nothing was biting at all untill the trout truck arrived and dumped the trout. 1 minute after the plant, they started biting. I caught about 5 right away on the Lil Jake's gold with red dots. Then a couple more on the Gold Super Duper with the red tip. Switch up to Power bait and nailed a few more, then the bit stopped.

Only a couple guys where catfhing fish after the bite stopped, so I wandered over and tried to see what they where using. It was on the Cheese 3" Trout Worms. I had some of these, so I tried them out. I instantly started catching again. Tricky little fish, but I have it down now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to head out there every friday for a few fridays, it was fun. Plus I need to catch a big Striper. I let half my fish go and gave half away. There was lots of people out there, all catching the limit. Maybe like 30 folks fishing off the bank, Not to many on the fishing dock.

Water Level is way way low.

Start with these, or any other small trout lures. I think silver and gold work best.
[Image: brassLilJake.gif]
[Image: 296-805-31-t.jpg]

Then switch up to power bait, switch up colors if the bite stops.
[Image: powerbait-1.jpg]

Then swtich to 3" Trout worms, Cheese seems to work best.
[Image: berkley_trout_worm_cheese.jpg]

Then go back to power bait later in the day.
[signature]
Thanks for the report jimboslice, thats funny how u dont start catching untill the plant post pics when u get a chance thanks for the tips peace
[signature]
Kupchoi and jimboslice nice post and tips thank you. I always have best luck on a bluefox vibrax firetiger, also pretty much all of bluefox's line of strobe spinners work well. Dont forget about good ole power putty which seems to be the bait of choice lookin forward to more reports thanks[fishin]
[signature]
About 7 years ago we had a limit of four people in a couple of hours using regular nightcrawlers. It was a clear hot day, The trout were staying in shallow water, and we parked the boat right at the drop off.

So really we could see the fish, maybe it was not fair. . .but it was a ton of fun, thanks for the picture brought back some good memories.
[signature]
I went out today 10/16. Couldnt get any to stay on the hook. they weren't going for the pb off the dock. I watched a few spit/shake my lil jake. I think next time I am coming with the boat. How big can the waves get there?
[signature]
The bite seemed a little short compared to last week. I caught 5 and lost 3 others. My wife couldn't hook any though she got a few bites. Time to reteach the hook-setting lesson again. A 1/12 ounce chrome Kastmaster and a 1/12 ounce brass/gold prism redhead Super Duper seemed to do the trick. I think they were just starting to hit the powerbait when I had to leave. Got work this afternoon.
[signature]
So it takes them a while to start hitting the PB? I had my Pb out untill we left at 930and had the same bait on all day. Salmon peach color/flavor and had nothing...
[signature]
I have yet to catch one on PB. A lady at the south end of the fishing pier caught one as we were leaving. Small lures like 1/12 and 1/8 oz kastmasters in chrome or gold and small super dupers in chrome/silver prism and brass/gold prism in 1/16, 1/12, and 1/10 oz seem to work best for me right after the plant and for a couple hours after. I think the key is to change presentations and/or locations if the bite stops or doesn't exist. Color sometimes is all it takes, other times its depth and still other times its action.
[signature]
The lady that caught that one had it gutted the hook? I think I seen that too... I think my lures are a bit big for these picky trouts... I am going to try the power grubs next time like previously mentioned. How do you rig them? Do you bobber them? I like to use a bobber so you don't get stuck in grass. I even tried a pistol pete for a little bit and they didn't really care for it...
[signature]