Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing june 3rd
went out on a boat last evening to try for some sturgen it was very slow but managed to catch my first ever only about 2- 2 1/2 feet but still like i always say just happy to be out there. ANd i would like to thank the very nice person I met who was so kind to take me out on his boat to begin with Thank you so much James hope to do it again .
[signature]
the season for sturgeon will be opening up in michigan on the 15th of july,

in order to fish for them you need to aquire a tag from the regeonal dnr office.

I pulled in only one in my life time. It was on my vary first trip sturgeon fishing. mine too was to small to keep. (under sized) it was 59 inches long at that time 60 inches was the minimum limit. now if it is 60 inches you have to throw it back because it is too big .lol.
[signature]
Ya its pretty wierd how the regs change , we tag our sturgen just like the salmon and steelheads. IM hopeing to get a keeper befor the qoutas are met .our seasons end early if to many fish are caught ,the only good thing is there are so many waters to fish for them here I should be able to move around till i get one.And actually there pretty easy to get if you put in the time it just gets alittle old to just sit there .some times wish I could use to poles hehehe. BUt anyway i might be trying for one tomorrow if not ill be catching something Ive been out of comission for the last week do to a bungie cord snapping into my eye but its well enought to tolerate the light again so im back out there .........
[signature]