Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Columbia River summer sturgeon fishing hot spots
i can see the rivers about 80 miles long and that there's a few charters on it that specilise in stergon trips , but i can't seem to find any locals that are willing to give up spacific hot spots for them .

so i would sugest finding out where these charters are located , if possible see what direction there headed out to on the trips , or just ask one of them for some advice , most the charter guys i know won't give you the exact place to go ( thats there bread and butter - they have familys to feed too ), but they might give you a lot of helpful information in the right direction .

sturgon like the fast water below the dams usually 50-100 yards just below ( that's where all the chum setteles ), they also like the water just at the area where a river widens suddenely , like a bay area or a lake . they also like it deep because there skiddish . can you find a toppo of the river ? if not look for high sharp VERTICAL peaks on both sides of the river , the conture should be as steep below the water too . "V"

sorry i couldn't be of more help , have you tried any bait shops in the area for info ?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [RICHLPBFT] Columbia River summer sturgeon fishing hot spots - by lonehunter - 08-03-2003, 04:00 AM