Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticker Shock
I went to my local sporting goods store today, I had received a 20 dollar voucher and I thought it would be a good idea togo get a box of plinking rounds.

well I got there and went to the round section and walked up and down the half dozen isles of rounds.

look and look and looked as I may I could not find my round. I thought how odd, my round is a common one, in addition there are a couple other rounds I can use as well in my chamber.

I spent a good hour looking for my round, not seeing it I started reading the tags... Holy Moly! one box of twenty rounds for $99.99, So right about now I am asking my self, did I miss something? was there a war that I was not aware of in this country? Did I buy my last box of rounds a year ago?

I was at k-mart yesterday and thay wanted 14.oo for a box of 5 rounds for 12 gage slugs... [shocked]

so right about then I was starting to feal bit figgity, so I found me a store rep and said I give up, where did you hide my round at? he simply replied "behind the counter?

With a sigh of reliegh I found my way around the counter to find my round at my regular price. Too which I promptly picked up two boxes... one for deer season and one for the range...

Kmart was closing its the store I was at yesterday, so you know how the sale scam goes, mark the price up before putting the sale tag up...[Wink] and the huner dollar 20 count box of shells, well they were high power riffle eliphant rounds for sure. [Image: happy.gif] Needless to say, the scare is off for the moment... Good thing I didnt jump to conclusions...[cool]
[signature]
I would have thought I was dreaming if that was me. Most stores I've bought ammo at have half their stock in the backroom. I prefer going to cabelas or dickssporttinggoods. Although my brother bought a shotgun there last month, and he said the guy was extremely rude to him. He was some sore of superior or manager too. I guess around here people don't have respect for fishermen or hunters.
[signature]
I did ask why the move from the floor to behind the shelf.

he told me earlier in the year they had gotten a run on my type of rounds leading to a shortage on their shelves, so they were limiting sales to one box per person.

With sales the stores have been getting my chain store gets them selves a slotted shipment and they wont get any more for the untill the following spring shipment so what they got has to last.

but ya, it deffenantly felt like a wakeing nightmare...
[signature]
Yeah. I just feel like in other states It's much more comfortable to buy ammo. And much more plentiful.
[signature]
Last week on the news they reported that with the Democrats taking power the fear of gun control had gone up. This year the sale of ammunition in the first half of the year was up 1.8 million rounds more then last year.
[signature]
What round was it Dave? I paid $38 for a 20 round box of .40 Winchester Supreme Personal Defense(people eaters) rounds a month ago. I had to use the other 13 i had.[sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
[url "http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/centerfire/power_level.asp"]http://www.remington.com/...fire/power_level.asp[/url]

to answer your question. ^
I hate to advertise for a product, but you have to visit this site.
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=53990]

turn up the volume and take a gander at the vidio. Has to be the best comercial I have ever seen for amunition.

the store I was at only had one box of the number 3 power level on the shelf, and that was why it was marked up so much... supply and demand [crazy]

I was shopping for 357 mag rounds. I wanted some for the range and some for hunting white tail. so I ended up paying 30 and 60 for a box of 125 grain and 158 grain. 50 count...
[signature]
I thought those were high, I just found a box of 20 rounds fro 269.oo on sale for 219.99

I guess this type of ammo in above post and here is for when you want to reach out and nail something. [angelic]

[url "http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/762x39_ammo.html"]http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/762x39_ammo.html[/url]
[signature]