Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
provo river at the turn from heber
just wondering what people are using on the provo up in heber. been out a couple of times and don't really seem to be hitting them. any help would be appreciated.
[signature]
???
[signature]
sorry middle provo
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hi there magaji and welcome to our forum. Flygoddess and a few others should be able to help answer your question. I'm from SoCal and haven't the slightest idea.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
heres a copy/paste from my post the other day:

hit the provo again below jordanelle, and man what a freaking awesome day! rolled up at 6 am and decided to wait until about 645 so i could see a little better. my first 6 casts produced 6 fish in a row! it was non stop pretty much all day. had almost the same set up i had on the day before yesterday, only thing different was a 22 Barr emerger instead of a 20. towards the end of the day i went with a black copper john and the barr again and was still hooking and landing fish. had a couple of critters watching. had a decent PMD hatch take off right at the morning, then later in the afternoon. braved the cold, wind, snow (at 750am) which then turned into sleet. kept alot of the fair weather fisherman indoors, but still a good amount of people out. i probably landed well over 60 fish, no joke, with about 20 of them in the 6 to 8 inch range, and the rest progressively larger, and one white fish.... go figure. i hooked into well over 80 fish though! enjoy the pics!

and the link:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforu...ead#unread
[signature]
As mentioned, there is some great spots right below the Dam at Jordanelle, plus down from that. The Sportsmens access spot.
To the west of that light to go to the dam, there is another couple sportsmens access. The CLIFF is a wonderful spot.

80 fish is a dream come true for sure. I guide and fish there allot, and don't think I have ever come close to that, so go with what he suggest.
Can't touch that[Wink]
[signature]