Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wopper Eye
I thought I should share this with our fellow walleye anglers. Cuz how often do you get to see a 36 inch walleye?

it was taken by one of our fishing party a couple weeks ago in northern michigan on one of its inland streams with a fly rod no less..

[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/12767/cat/668"][Image: DSCN1307.JPG][/url]
[signature]
Sweet fish, tell your buddy congrats![Smile]
[signature]
good eye... [Wink]
[signature]
That's a huge walleye
[signature]
Awesome walleye.. My biggest was 32" up in Canada.. That thing is a monster..
[signature]
my biggest was only 28, I think that one above could have swallowed mine in one gulp... lol

that was the only fish he caught that night, and it was as big as my salmon.... lol... well, minus the weight...[:p]

I would have traded him even up for my atlantic salmon for sure, Tho' I doubt he would have seen it a fair traid....[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I couldn't have kept one that large.. I like fish ok enough, but when were are up north fishing for eyes about the biggest I keep is 22 to 24 inches.. I like leaving the big ones to get bigger for next time [fishin]

I wonder how it tasted though.. [Wink]
[signature]
I fully understand yours and his points of veiws.

I like a good challange from a tropy fish too, and personaly I dont see much reason for depriving the next guy an oppertunity for a pirzed catch. I dont think I am a greedy angler, at least I hope I am not.

a once a year trip and going 150 miles one way and an ol' lady at home wondering if-n indeed he realy did go fishing. [:p] a man has to come home with somthin...lol

personaly I too like them about 22-24 inches.. thats what I call prime. [cool] there are some places in my state where we can keep them 13 inches in lenth, but again I dont like to harvest them below 20 inches. Mind you I will if I am under presure to put eyes on the plate for dinner...[Wink]

He was proud as a peacock for catching it, his wife even more excited, she was estatic... she only had one fish to clean and it was an eye.[:p]

then there is my point of veiw, there would be a thousand anglers every couple days up there over the next 6 weeks, it would have gotten snagged or hooked by another angler who would have taken it. It would be foolish to beleive that 5000 anglers would leave that fish in the water during walleye season. So why not him, he looks like a deserving young man.[cool]
[signature]
I'm with you on both points of view.. Its easier for me because I don't eat a lot of fish.. But I have no problem with anyone keeping a legal fish.. Even these guys..

[Image: hammerhead.jpg]
[signature]
wholy moly, I think if I need a fish that size, I would have used a 44 mag and a tow rop.... I dont think I would want that fish in my boat, alive or dead...

for that matter strap the motor to the fish and tow the boat in... lol
[signature]
Those guys look like they could use some help lol.
[signature]
It looks like there are four of them.. One near the bow to try to keep the boat from going under.. That is definitely a case of 'we need a bigger boat'..
[signature]
Yeah a bigger boat with a crane lol.
[signature]
ok i tend not to make many rules when i go fishing but i think i just made one. "I shall not target any fish that can eat my boat". I think thats reasonable enough. [laugh] Those guys are slightly crazy.
[signature]
lol I agree
[signature]