Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st annual Bear Lake get together
Well, not much to report other than....WINDY!!!!

5 boats joined in for the day and a couple nice macks to boats other than mine [frown]. Great friends and once again a great feast but this time we joined at the State marine due to windy wavey conditions. Lake layed down for a short bit to head out again for some last minute jigging and sunshine but it was short lived.

Thank you all for coming up and having a day on the big blue pond. I think next year we should try to do this in September.
[signature]
Pat , Thanks to you and your wife for your hospitality and the dinner was Great. Petty and I had a good time even though we never got any hits. Too bad the " W " wouldn't work with us. Good food , Good friends, Good Time once again. Thanks to all that attended.
[signature]
[quote AFDan52] Pat , Thanks to you and your wife for your hospitality and the dinner was Great. Petty and I had a good time even though we never got any hits. Too bad the " W " wouldn't work with us. Good food , Good friends, Good Time once again. Thanks to all that attended.[/quote]
Amen to that Dan.

And thanks fo RDRRM8E for bringing the suprise guest[:p]
[signature]
Other than the good company and good eats,, Sounds like I didnt miss out on any good fishing, You guys got the Wyoming Wind today. None over here in Laramie, Colder than a Mother in laws Kiss over here. 13 degrees here in Cheyenne right now and foggy. Great Football game today. the pokes kicked some against New Mexico Lobos. Looking forward to next years, I like Pats idea of Septemeber better.
[signature]
Well, it was great seeing you guys again. It's been too long. At least a year and a half since I've seen Rich, I saw Jason at the show last January. I haven't seen Paul and his son in years, Rockport, if memory serves, about 4 years ago. Last time I saw Ira, Pat and Kurt was during the Cisco run 3 years ago or so.
I'm pretty sure this was the first time I've met AFDan, unless he was the guy that gave me a shot of some sort of thick sugary liquor 2 years ago at Strawberry.
I had a great time and only one hit, (which, I promply Jeffed on). Now that I'm done screwing around, and seeing how many states I can get fired in we'll have to do this more often.
Heck, I even saw Mr. Scott and it's been many years since I've seen him. I'd spell Tolentino, but I'd just muck it up.

Anyways, great time, great guys, and my wife LOVED Rich's salsa and Paul's peppers. Both are gone already.

Huntington, first ice, be there.
[signature]
Pat,
Sorry to hear about the wind.
Clayton and I got blown off of Willard today.
Wish that we could have joined you guys but the chance for wind just wasn't worth trying to take my little boat up there.

The Pond is fishing very well.
Stop by one of these evenings and say hi,
DKS.
[signature]
Really enjoyed seeing all you guys again and great food as always. After you left Pat, we all agreed to call it "The Original Salsa Boys" next year[Wink]. But to keep the peace I think the best name would be, "The Bear lake Boys" get together. Anyway, here are a few picture I took that did not turn out too good but it's all I got[unimpressed]. (Note to self, don't forget to get pictures while we are sampling the food next year[blush])
[signature]
Ditto, ditto, ditto.... Fun time had by all wind or no wind. Let's do it again!
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]Thanks for putting this together Pat. After being the first on the water and spending 2 hours jigging I decided to try our luck at trolling. Do to the wind I was not able to get the anchor to hold the boat in one place. It was extremely hard to keep the boat on a straight course while trolling. My GPS tracks look like Z from the wind blowing us around. At around 10:30 just before the get together I hooked up with this nice 32 inch 9 lbs Mac.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font][inline "32 inch 9 lbs Lake Trout web.jpg"]

[font "Times New Roman"]We meet up on the dock for lunch at about 11:30[/font]
[inline "Bear Lake BFT.jpg"]
Full size photo link below
[signature]
Good looking mack Paul, I thought you were going to have the honors for the biggest fish until Rich said he caught a 16 lber, hope he shares the picture of that big boy[Smile]. Thanks for getting a picture of our selected food eating location.
[signature]
Man I wish I could have made it, wind or not its always fun!! Rich good to see you get IFG out again![cool]
[signature]
i think the docks is the way to do it it was nice to get out of the boat and stand next to someone and talk reather then 3 boats away.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]...hope he shares the picture of that big boy[Smile]....[/quote]

Sorry, no picture. The fish never came out of the water except to breifly weigh it in the net then promptly released. The only reason I even weighed it was because it looked like a pretty fair fish for Bear Lake standards.
[signature]
I agree, the eats on the dock worked out great[Smile], we will have to do it there again next year if the owners of the docks agree. Pat said he did not want to plan the event next year, so I would like to suggest the second or third Sat of Sept 2010. It's a long time before we need to think about it but those dates would work for me.
[signature]
What ever date you guys decide on is good with me, you know we will always be there . Looking forward to next year.
[signature]
Man, I don't miss Laramie any! That wind is persistent over there, but on the rare calm days I did love to fish Meebor and Hattie back in the day.
[signature]