Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is everybody? - guy from Utah
I'm here visiting my daughter and go by Leaky on the Utah forum. Caught a 30 in. Northern in the upper Rio Gorge about 5 yrs. ago in North N.M. [Smile][Smile] Was kind of thinking of trying again but am getting older than dirt and don't know if I want to go to the effort and expense of a day license, being as I'm only here for a few days. Anyway. you guys here in N.M. need to get busy and do some posting and not let your companion states out do ya like you are. [shocked]
[unimpressed][unimpressed][unimpressed]
[signature]
guess they dont like giving up their sabre' tooth sand bass secrets...
"Diamond Backs that is" lol [laugh]
[signature]
[inline "Pike Oct 02 Upper Rio Grand.jpg"]

This is an old pic. from the first time several years ago.

Well decided not to go. Am leaving to go back home tomorrow and between the distance to travel to get there, the day license, the lateness of getting my rear out of bed and my daughter and wife having a lot of honey does for me I decided to can it. When I get back home I'm going to be blankity blank unhappy I didn't but that's the way it is. [frown]
P.S. What are Diamond Backs??? [Smile]
[signature]
thats a might fine specimine. thanks for the share.. I know the fealing, being so close yet so far...

A diamond back is a big rattle snake indigionous to New Mexico.... Not to be mistaken for a side winder..[blush]

lots of desert out that way with plenty of room for snakes to grow, they are susposed to be pretty taisty too, I hear they taist like fish. LOL..[:p]

sory you didnt make it out, I have gone out but only a few times this year my self...

Wasnt that you that took the state record for that cat a couple years ago?

If so are you still holding that record?
[signature]
Dave,
Of course I know what a "diamond back" is. [laugh] I just got Confused by the relationship to what I had posted and thought maybe you were talking about something else. You got to understand us old guys get Confused easily. I've stepped on those critters while they were still inactive, luckily, have been warned by my golden about the biggest one I've ever seen when picking up my fishing gear next to a fence line (can't hear the buzz because of high freq. hearing loss), and many other occasions.
Nope, not me. I haven't caught any kitties in N.M.. Have caught a few in Utah but nothing exceptional.
Well, on my way home now, good fishing to ya.
[signature]
I hear that on the hearing loss thing, that is I lip read on it, I too have my share of loss, Mixed but mostly mid range, Sad part is that is the range where most people speak.

lost mine to lightning strike when I was struck at age 5.. I can tell you that dont tickle...

they say lightning never strikes the same place twice, Well I got number 3 [shocked]

The worst part about is the constant ringing...
[signature]
I hear ya, -----, so to speak, [laugh]. I have one remaining question, hopefully not antagonistic. I really don't understand why there aren't more folks posting on N.M. fishun other than Dave ????????? With all the great fishing in M.M., don't folks like to share????? With more than 300 views total, you'd think someone else would post or at least post something for themselves?? Come on guys and gals, where are ya? Is there another forum that detracts from your input. I wish more folks would use this site and I promise to participate, but folks need to post. [unimpressed] I guess I can be excused for being so forward since I'm just an old guy that's older than dirt, right"? [Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
"It is only in the giving that we will receive" Quote all religeons.
[signature]