Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you put your boats up ?
I haven't ,there still may be a couple days above 55 left in the year and I plan on using them .
[signature]
what, no turkey hunting or did you bag yours already?
[signature]
November hubbard lake smallies
[signature]
just did the turkey thingy, saw 40 birds, didnt take one. all were pretty small...
[signature]
No need for me to hunt them, the coyotes have just about whiped them out in my area .
Seriously , I haven't seen a bird in months . We usually have them roosting in our trees and feeding from the russian olive bushes encirciling our yard during this time of year . The cornfeilds usually have quite a bunch of them also but i've not seen a single one out there either .
I've had to bust a few rounds off at night to make the area clear for the dogs to go outside to do their business . I really don't care if the D.N.R. shows up when I have to do this . I should put the fur harvester tag to good use soon .

Fishing out on the lake has been pretty good latley , a little cold but well worth the price .
If the weather dosen't get any better after wendsday that will be the last voyage of the 09 season .
[signature]
the question was have you put away the boats, my answer is I havent pulled it out in two seasons now...[pirate]
[signature]
Cleaned the boat from top to bottom with soap and water thursday evening , it rained all day fryday .
I have to bail it out and do it all over again , it filled right up to the top .
Regular cleaning of the firearms today , checking the sights tomorow .
Bought a new scope for the .22 , the old weaver crosshairs finally went so I have a new spotting scope for rifle season.
I almost did a number looking at all the new scopes and how much they want for them now .
Still venisonless but hoping for something to come by soon .
[signature]
I havent taken mine out for a while as you know, I think I will take off the motor and see about turning it upside down. or maybe get a new boat cover for it...
[signature]
I built a rack to hold the boats , 2 kayaks , one canoe and my fishing boat .
I got the idea after seeing one of those canoe trailers they use at the canoe rental place .
I'll take a pic of it and post it this week .
[signature]
Got mine all cleaned up and then it rained for a week.. I'm sure the bilge will need to be pumped out again before I get it stuffed in the barn for the winter.. The canvas is great for keeping junk out of the boat, not so great at keeping water out..
[signature]
invest in to a couple cans of Camp Dry.

It is used for canvas tents.

you will want to do this soon before the cold weather sets in. or drag it in to the garage and let it dry out then apply it.

The canvas dose have to be dry before you apply the camp dry to it.

Depending on the size of your boat, 1-3 cans will get the job done. I use it on my 14 foot boat canvas and my quad canvas, it holds water in the low spots so I know it works good.

those cans cost arund 4-5 dollars but it is worth it if you have stuff that can be dammaged by water in your boat
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up..
[signature]
Coleman campers sugests mineral spirits or mineral oil for waterproofing the canvas on the pop-up campers .
[signature]