Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith Moorehouse (report)
I fished Smith Moorehouse today From 6am to 10am in my float tube. I fished along the dam. I caught 2 small Rainbows. I caught them with a shad rap but someone has allready caught them because I snagged the line that they had swallowed the hooks on. I cut the line and let them go.The water was at 59 degrees when I started. I could not figure out what they were hitting because I tried every but powerbait and flies because I lefted them at home. At 9 a hatch of some kind happen because those little planters were slurping the flys on top of the water. I gave up at 10 and went down and fished below the dam.I caught 2 small rainbows and 4 small brook trout on worms in about 45 minutes. It was a fun trip because there were not too many people up there.
[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
Hey Tincanfsh,

Not bad, I hate it when i forget some of my gear! Nice report, but where is smith and moorehouse? I've never heard of it.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Smith Morehouse is up by Kamas. I think it dams up the Weber river, but I might be mistaken there.
[signature]
Smith and Moorehouse is a really pretty lake. I have always had my best luck on the other end of the reservoir where the stream runs in.
[signature]
What type of fishing is it? Probably just rainbows huh! Is it similar to the uinta lakes? There are a few lakes that i've never heard of, I thought i knew em' all besides the 400 plus uinta lakes.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
This a topozone map of it , but it is east of Oakley and up the canyon . The Weber river drainage . Should be signs up there .

[url "http://topozone.com/map.asp?z=12&n=4511711&e=491398&s=200"]http://topozone.com/map.asp?z=12&n=4511711&e=491398&s=200[/url]

might have to copy & paste this link . I haven't figure out how to do this right .
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here are the directions to Smith & Morehouse from the Ogden area:[/size][/font][size 5] [center]Directions to Smith & Moorehouse Lake[/center][/size][size 4] [center][/center] [center] [/center] [ul] [li]Take I-84 East up Weber canyon past Morgan and past Henefer to Echo Junction.[/li] [li]At Echo junction, get on 80 West and go past Echo Reservoir, past Coalville, and past Houtsville.[/li] [li]Exit off of 80 onto 32 at Wanship (exit 156).[/li] [li]Go South on 32 past Rockport Reservoir, past Peoa, to Oakley.[/li] [li]At Oakley, go East on 213 (Weber Canyon Road) for 12 miles to end of pavement.[/li] [li]At the end of the pavement (see big ranch entrance up ahead) turn right/South and go 2-3 miles up dirt road to the lake.[/li][/ul][/size]
[signature]