Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 days at 33 hole.
[cool]Had my fishing buddy come out for the week and fished 33 hole and willow beach for three days. 10/14 got the tubes down at gray light and had srtipers boiling just outside the cove we were launching from. I got two,3lbs and 1.5lber, on the surface before my friend got a lure tied on. We caught about three more each before the action died, all were dinks. Also got a couple of largemouths that day. 10/15 was a very slow day. No boils or stripers. Got a couple of largemouths though on gulp minnow grubs. 10/16 went to willow beach for stripers. Water was way low. Caught more weeds. No stripers. Saw the new(at least to me) fishing pier below the hatchery. Very nice. Went back to 33 hole that afternoon and got one small striper on the rattle trap and a 2lb catfish on the minow grub. The fun part of this adventure was seeing all the wildlife. Saw coyotes,ospreys with fish in their talons, bighorn sheep and a very friendly turtle. This turtle wanted to hitch a ride on our fins while we were tubing on thursday. He even followed us for about 300 yards til we landed. Very nice days on thurs. and friday. Got into the wind on wed. Action was ok but hope it will get better soon.
[signature]