Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake trip report
Caught many strong, fat rainbows at Fish Lake last weekend. Most were 14-19 inches long and very fat.

Launched at about 10 am. Water temp 47.8 F. Light breeze most of the day. Sunny and mild.

Spent much of the day trying to jig deep for lake trout. Success was slow jigging, caught a couple rainbows and had a several other bumps. The big guys kept their mouths closed even though we bounced several kinds of jigs all around them.

I need to buy some downriggers. I think we could have caught a couple trolling at depth.

During the late afternoon we long-lined Rapalas and had great success catching rainbows. Our first hits came on big, silver Rapalas. We stuck with them because they were working, but probably could have done as well using other colors/styles.

Caught one 18-inch lake trout long-lining.

Lost count of fish caught. Probably about 5 during the day, 13 or so during the later afternoon.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report DBW.Too bad the catching was slow for the bigger fish but you still did good on the smaller fish. I'm by far no expert on the lake trout in Fish lake but is it possible that fish could be a splake?
WH2
[signature]