Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orvis new lineup
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Just received an e-mail from Orvis high lighting their new swatter which can be yours for only $59.00[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline ofs.jpg]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]So what did you expect for $59 bucks? lol
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center][/center]
[signature]
hey that is cheaper than most of their products.. :-)....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Funny[Smile]

Hey, what happent to YOU fishing today? SAR was it ?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Didn't catch a lot of fish but what we did were all wild. 10" browns, just two for me and five bows & a brown for my partner. Had a whole lot of strikes but these guys can spit a fly faster than a blink of an eye. You could see several waiting for a meal and they would come up to take a look and retreat down. Cagey buggers for sure. Will post some pict's tomorrow. Sure fun catching them on a two wt. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Cool. Well Im glad that you went I had good time.

peter
[signature]
sounds awesome.. cant wait to see the post on it tomorrow... say at O dark 30... [Wink]
[signature]
Ok, its friday 7:40 am now and I see no post [mad] ( I know
I have no life)[Smile]
Its way past O dark 30...........................

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Here are a couple of photos of the river which at this point is only a creek. Some spots are only 6" wide and in other areas about 12'. Look closely and you can see these guys in front of a log facing up stream looking for lunch. Also a couple of pics that my partner took. When I landed my brown [real pretty] and reach for my camera I realized that I left it in the car. Later I retrieve it and naturally the fish became photo shy.[/size][/#008000][/font] [inline sar1.jpg]
[inline sar2.jpg]
[inline "sar f1.jpg"][inline "sar f2.jpg"]
[signature]
great looking area mi amigo..

when is that "river" suppose get more water or is that the way it is year round??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Well if we ever get any rain & a good snow pack the water will be running pretty good. This is just one of the creeks that feeds the main branch of the river. It eventually flows through Yorba Linda then out to the sea via the storm drainage system. During a good storm or two the drainage system over flows it's banks in some areas which is saying something since they are pretty wide & deep. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
so this water could flow thru your back yard??? [angelic]
[signature]
Thank you for the nice pictures.
Those little dudes are just so nice and cute.
What kinda fly did you use? Or did you power bait?
Hahahaaa just kidding about the bait.[angelic]

peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]We were using an elk hair caddis. I also used a copper john dropper to entice the guys holding by the log in one of the pictures. Tried a few other dropper patterns but then showed no interest. Had success with a black fly with a white parachute. Think that they would hit just about any dry, but catching them is another story. I need to tie up some 22's for my next trip to a small creek.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Great. Sounds good.
I have never been up there.
How far in do you have to hike to find good fishing?
Or is it by the road? Or how does it work up there?
Thank you.

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Here are a couple of maps. The red lines on the trail map is where we stopped to fish. The Trips & Street map provides a better overview. Big Bear lake it at the top of the map. No hiking required and most access is flat.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline "sar map.jpg"]
[inline "Seven Oaks.jpg"]
[signature]
Oh, thank you for the maps. I must go check out that area
after I get my 3wt.
I think that 5wt would be a way over kill for those little
guys.[Smile]

Peter
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Oh yeah - maybe even a 0 wt. I fish a two with a DT 3 wt line. Didn't want to spring for another reel plus the balance is pretty good.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
its looking like we all need to meet up and go there .. sounds like a great place to go after some wild fish.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Pretty little creek! Fish in those crystal clear, shallow creeks can be the spookiest of all. If they are like the ones I've fished, they are a real challenge. Any shadow, movement, or line splash in their view and they disappear -- and usually they will streak out and spook the next 2 or 3 pools in both directions!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Some were and others could care less that I was standing just a few feet away. I'd put a fly right on their nose a number of times which didn't seem to bother them. When they did strike I hadn't noticed any movement until my fly disappeared.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]