Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flyfishing river smallmouth
I'm going river fishing for smallmouth and walleye. If we get time i want to stop and flyfish for the smallmouth. What type of flies should i use? I was thinking streamers but tell me what you think.
[signature]
ID HAVE TO SAY STREAMERS..ARE THE BEST FIRST CHOICE...remember there mainlt minnow eaters..match collors accordingly...purple and white is a proven coller combo..also gold and black..wollys are another great choice..work em slow..brown and olive good
[signature]
Woollys would be my starting place also.
[signature]
yep there proven..if you work them slow and twitch them every so often they are a great crayfish imitation..smallys love em..this ive done alot
[signature]
heres one of my favorite streamers for smallys..they love it sorry just a brainfart..thought i downloaded it
[signature]
where?[Wink]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]The smallie took it. lol[/size][/#008000][/font][/center]
[signature]
i had to wait till it gave it back so i could show it lol
[signature]
woolly buggers are great. I do well with hoppers too.

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]I have tied some hoppers but haven't done any BMB/SMB fishing. But heck at least I'm prepared. This yellow popper is not perfect - but then again I don't do perfect. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline yp.jpg]
[signature]
That popper looks just fine to me[Smile] I have caught
many sunfish on a popper just like that.

Peter
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Thanks Peter.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
U welcome [fishin]
[signature]
LMAO.....That is a great looking fly, wanna share recipe?
[signature]
great looking bass mi amigo.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Oh please. lol [blush]
I purchased a popper then copied it using a
[/size][/#008000][/font]

[ul][li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]hard foam shell body[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][/ul]
[ul][li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]pair of animated eyes[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][/ul]
[ul][li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]sili legs[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][/ul]
[ul][li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]marabou feather [/size][/#008000][/font][/li][/ul]
[ul][li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Daiichi 1750 SE hook size & length depends upon size of foam body.[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][/ul][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]I fill the grove that is cut to insert the fly with epoxy.
I have varied the thickness of the tail & also added some flashabou.
[/size][/#008000][/font]

[signature]
good looking fly mi amigo.. and as they say.. its not how it looks to us.. its all whether or not the fly looks like a snack to the fish.. [Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
sure puts my popper to shame.

mine is just a peice of round yellow stirke indicater foam rapped around a hook... [shocked]

I was using leaf worms one spring out on the lake and I was using the strike indicator on the line, It confounded me that the gills wouldnt touch my leaf worm and wouldnt leave my strike indicator alone...[:p]
[signature]
eeeoooow, green fish..[:p]

lookin good. Lookin forward to bagging a smallie on the flyrod...

I got a LM once, but it was of no size warenting a pic..
[signature]
well I stole a copy of that photo, it looks like the colors and pattern I use for pike down here my way...

Time to go back to the toy store.. [cool]
[signature]