Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet Ski Brian Television Debut On WFN TV-Reel Road Trip
The episode is going to air this thursday October 29th at 7:30 pm on Verizon Fios and Dish TV. I am going to have my relatives over to watch it. Let me know what you think of it.
I was contacted in May by TV Host/Producer Mark Melnyk of the World Fishing Network--Reel Road Trip .wfn.tv/reelroadtrip/. Mark asked if I would be interested in participating in an episode on North Carolina Fishing in which I could showcase Jet Ski Fishing, of course I said yes. We departed yesterday June 24th from Teaches Lair in Hatteras Village at about 0630 hrs. Our camera/buddy boat was Captain Ben of Above Average Sportfishing aboveaveragesportfishing.com/...a_fishing_trips_2009 I can't thank him enough for his help and expertise on a last minute phone call the day before the trip. Ben helped put us on some great fishing. On Capt. Ben's boat was Daryl- the WFN cameraman, Jaminson- Ben's mate of the day, and my brother/buisiness partner John Lockwood. My brother just had his Yamaha SUV 1200 rigged out similar to mine by Albert Martin of Martin's Custom Structures .martinscustomstructures.com/index.html I wanted Mark to experience Jet Ski Fishing first hand, not just witness it. So Mark fished from my brothers ski.
The sea conditions were great so were able to average 35-40 mph out to the Rockpile where we trolled skirted ballyhoo for several hours and managed a couple nice dolphin. Ben was marking some fish a little deeper so we stopped and jigged up some nice Almaco. Things slowed down so we headed to some wrecks that had produced well two days earlier for Capt. Ben. It was hot, none stop jigging and casting poppers to good size Amberjack for a couple hours. We all had sore arms and sun burn, my kind of day. We ran into a nice down pour as we entered the inlet at around 1730 hrs, it felt good to have mother nature wash off the sweat and salt spray after 1o hours and ninety two miles on the Jet Ski. I think Mark Melnyk is now hooked on Jet Ski Fishing, I know I am!. His show is carried on Verizon Fios and Dish TV locally, WFN TV is a 24 hr Channel. I can't wait to see it. Here are some pics from when it was taped.
[Image: DSC_0185.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0193.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0123-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0127.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0167.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0108-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0057c-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0242.jpg]
[signature]