Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Plans Next Week
[cool][#0000ff]We had a trip to Yuba scheduled for Friday the 30th. Scrap that one. Too cold and windy for me.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like Mama Nature is gonna get back on her meds this weekend. Color me in at Yuba on Monday morning...11/2/09.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, gotta get in a return bout on Huntington before it caps. That could happen soon. I'm looking at Wednesday as the best weatherwise and to fit my personal schedule.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Weather looks iffy next Friday. But, if it is doable I might try Jordanelle or DC.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anybody who wants to show up is welcome to do so. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lots of good tubing and tooning coming up this month. Don't put your gear up yet. Just wear neoprenes and a couple of warm layers. Good warm head gear and gloves help a lot too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Have not put my toon away as of yet. I'm in for Yuba or Huntington, if i'm not working and weather cooperates.

I'm ready to try ice fishing. Not sure if I will like it but im willing to give it a shot.
[signature]
I put in for leave for monday. I will find out tomorrow if it is approved. So count on me. Where are you launching from at Yuba? What time are you planning on launching?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I will launch from the gravel beach just off the ramp at Oasis. They allow parking down there in low water for tubers. Perch are mellow and do not get up before daybreak. I will probably show up about 7 - 7:30 and be launched about 8ish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Some of the best perchin' last year was right straight off the ramp...in 30 - 40 feet of water. A lot will depend on maximum water depth and the water temps. Almost every year at this time the baby perch move to the deep part of the lake and the bigger perch...and pike and walleye...follow them. The key will be to find schools of forage perch and then fish around them. You don't always see the bigger perch on sonar. They are in singles and doubles and not large schools, and it is tough to tell them apart from all the carp. Combination of skill, experience and luck.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Bring perch meat for bait if you have it. They will hit crawlers but the carp will drive you bonkers. The carp will hit perch meat too, but not quite as bad as worms.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good luck down south. I see myself up east this week.
Jordanelle has been very good to me.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Rock Cliff should be on fire this week. Water temps now below 50. Really cranked on last two years at this time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Depending on what happens Wednesday, might be up for Thurs or Friday AM at RC.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Will they hit minnows too? I have never gone for perch before. So sorry for all the questions.
[signature]
That sounds like a plan Pat. I guess I can hit the rivers in the mean time.
[signature]
[quote Tube_Ike]Will they hit minnows too? I have never gone for perch before. So sorry for all the questions.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Perch will hit minnows. So will walleyes and pike. Always good to drag a minnow around on one rod while jigging with the other. I will probably bring some too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I use a lot of "heavy metal" jigs...small lead spoons, 1/4 oz jig heads, blade baits, etc. I add a good chunk of perch meat or crawler and send it down. Best method is just like ice fishing. Bounce it off the bottom a few times to stir up some mud and attract the fish. Then raise it a few inches off the bottom and hold it absolutely still. Sometimes the bite is aggressive. More often it will just be a feeling of weight...the "rubber band" feel. A lot of guys miss bites because they are waiting for a heavy CHOMP. Doesn't always happen that way.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here is a map and some pics from the past about this time of year.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Cool. I have Monday off to go fishing. Also I just bought my fishing license so I am good to go for another year. Plus I bought my first second pole permit this year. Thanks for all the help and I can't wait to hit some perch.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe is going to be out of town (again) and I am not sure about LloydE. If he is not going, maybe you want to ride share. PM me.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, we go off Daylight Saving Time over the weekend so that will change the ETA.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Gee first weekend I have off this week in a long time. But alas other plans loom, ie: Halloween.[cool]
[signature]
HUH? Halloween is Sat night and they are talking Monday.......
Or is it you chose Saturday for your day off?
[signature]
I chose to take a vacation day to have halloween off.I love the holiday and I would be in Grand Junction today and tomorrow if Mamatrout hadn't told me to take the day off anyway.[cool]
[signature]
but what about Monday? LOL
[signature]
After the past few mondays that have washed out I don't make plans. Murphy might here about it then BANG. I'm out again.[:p]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Do we gotta pay you extra as a "Murphy magnet"...so that if you stay home we can have a good day. So far the days you have planned to go have all gone south.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lookin' good for next Monday. Thanks in advance.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
MAN was today awesome or what. If it wasn't Halloween and I was working last night and tonight, I would have been on the water all day.
I am kicking the idea of J on monday.

Just looked out and FULL MOON by tomorrow....bummer! Looks like rivers.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]MAN was today awesome or what. If it wasn't Halloween and I was working last night and tonight, I would have been on the water all day.
I am kicking the idea of J on monday.

Just looked out and FULL MOON by tomorrow....bummer! Looks like rivers.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]The sun was out, but so was the wind...until late afternoon.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Monday will be a good day anywhere, after a couple of decent weather days.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The moon has nothing to do with it. Fish when you want, where you want. Just another excuse used by those who have bad days...or good days.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That is why I now stopped planning until further notice. If I go somewhere it will be on the drop of a hat that way I can keep one step ahead of murphy.[Wink]
[signature]