Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing this w/e
I expect to get to fish on an upper section of the Lehigh river and wonder what lures I should use with my spinning rod. I've also got a fly bubble so I can try poppers. I hope to catch more of what I have caught before . Which has been pickerel and LMB.
[signature]
Well for this time of year you can try Jerkbaits or tubes and if the water temp is above 55 try slowrolling a small spinnerbait. I hope that will hep you out . Good luck and rip some lips
[signature]
I agree with jeff. Jerkbaits seem to do really well this time of year. Try some Rapala X-raps, they work really well for me. As for color that will be something you need to play around with. On the other hand you cant go wrong with the ole silver and black color on the river! Let us know how you make out.
[signature]
I got out this weekend . The river came up 2 feet and got a little muddy but buy sunday the banks started to clear up some . I did manage to catch some good smallies on tubes and caught 1 walleye on a white spinnerbait. But the bite was slow even tho the water temp was 55d. With the cold front it shut'm down.
[signature]
Well on saturday it was very winday but I did get a few strikes and landed 1 18" pickerel anda 13 inch pickerel. But I managed to loose 2 spinners and a jointed rebel minnow type lure. saturday was nice nice and clear and there were no bites what so ever. I do not think the water I have access to is very deep and I am only able to cast from a very small area of this lake.
I'm looking to change my line and hot to be able to cast a bit farther. It seems I only get about 50-60 feet per cast with a #1 mepps spinner . my rod is 7' ultra light and the reel is loaded with 6# mono.
[signature]
You said that you lost some lures, were they bite offs? If so you should deff use a steel leader. That can get expensive after a while.
[signature]
No, two were spinners I hung up on the bottom. This area is relatively shallow I believe, with a lots of weeds. I tried with a canoe one time this year but being alone I spent most of the time fighting the wind and current which wanted me to blow down the other end of the lake real fast. It all seems shallow.
But I only get to go there when my brother invites me. I'm here in NY taking care of my aging mom whom is 89. I'm hoping when she passes on to get to spend real quality time fishing.
[signature]