Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Record Tiger
Hey Guys,

I KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF GUYS THAT ARGUE ABOUT FISH AND THEIR WEIGHT IN HERE BUT I CAUGHT THE STATE RECORD TIGER LAST NIGHT

SHE WAS 26" LONG 19" AROUND THE STANDARD TROUT FORMULA PUTS HER @ 11.74 THE OLD RECORD WAS 10.12.

THE SECOND PICTURE SHOWS THE REMNANTS OF HER LUNCH A 12" RAINBOW TROUT THAT MAY HAVE MADE HER HEAVIER???

SHE ATE A 2" STORM PEARL SWIMBAIT I WAS USING A 6' CABELAS XML ROD ON A PRODIGY 1500 REEL AND 6LB VICIOUS MONO

I DID NOT WEIGH HER ON AN OFFICIAL SCALE BECAUSE I HAD TO [#8000ff]RELEASE[/#8000ff] HER BUT THIS IS TRUE!!

I AM NOT TURNING THIS IN TO THE DWR NOR WILL I TELL WHERE I CAUGHT IT I JUST WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE HER SHE IS AMAZING

THIS IS REAL NO BULLSH!TTING

[signature]
That doesn't look like a swimbait in her mouth??
[signature]
Nice tiger! you already broken state C&R record which is 25". No weight is necessary for that.
[signature]
Great fish weather its a record or not? Good for you on the release! Hopefully the next person that catches her will do the same?[:/] Great pics too.
[signature]
It was a 2" swimbait I promise you. I wouldn't lie it almost looks like a rapala in the picture but it is a plastic rigged swimbait
[signature]
Is it the "clip" type head for swimbaits? I think i can see it now.
[signature]
nice fish dude, did i miss where you caught it?

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!!
[signature]
By the way sykes87.....really nice fish there. Congratulations. :-)
[signature]
I like that second pic, Tho' the first one is fantastic, I am jellous of the camera you are using, , OK the fish too, I still have yet to bring in a muskie let alone a tiger...

that second pic would make an excilent scince class photo. What a Mouth Full....

thanks for the share.
[signature]
Sykes,

Thats one helluva fish brother!

Where part of PaliSades did you catch it at?
[signature]
Never have caught a Tiger but would love to. What do they eat or like?
[signature]
Great fish man! Congrats on landing the hog.
[signature]
How did you get the hook out being so deep? Did he bleed? Not hating, just think its a shame to not eat a fish with fillets like those for the sake of not killing it only to have it die after it swam off. And although i dont think it hurts a trout if you hold their gill plate, I cant believe no one has flamed you for it.
[signature]
I WAS VERY CAREFUL SHE SWAM AWAY IN GOOD SHAPE. I CUT THE LINE DID NOT TRY TO DIG OUT LURE IT WAS PLASTIC SHE WILL SPIT IT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. NEVER TOUCHED THE GILLS SHE WAS HOOKED ON ROOF OF MOUTH. I WILL SEE HER AGAIN NEXT YEAR

I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE ASKED WHERE I CAUGHT HER?? CANT TELL EVERYTHING
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for posting and sharing as much as you felt like sharing. No apologies needed if you did not give GPS numbers for your spot. Some places just do not need more pressure and it is always your option whether or not to disclose anything more than the stats on the size of the fish. Those were impressive enough.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice fish. Keep up the good work. And, don't be upset with some of the unthinking or plain stupid comments on the board. We are all anglers and we mean well but sometimes our excitement gets the best of our good judgment. And, unfortunately, words do not always mean the same thing to different people. That which someone says is easily mistaken by someone else. One of my favorite sayings is "Anything that is not clearly understood is misunderstood."[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Quote:I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE ASKED WHERE I CAUGHT HER??

Funny! Like the venerable TubeDude said - no apology necessary. Especially since the fish is still there.

Oh, and BTW that's a fine fish sykes87. Congrats and thanks for sharing the photos!
[signature]
That is a nice fish. Thanks for sharing. No need to apologize about releasing it and then keeping it a secret. Again congrats on the fish.
[signature]
Amazing Fish. Good job on that one, and I don't blame you for keeping her location to yourself. Thanks for the pics though, still can't believe she's down there munching those planter rainbows. No wonder she is growing so big.
[signature]
Very Nice Fish!! I can't believe she tried eating your lure with a mouth full already!! What a pig!! No wonder shes so fat [Wink]
[signature]
Great catch and great pictures....

And holding a big fish like you have it does not hurt the fish...
[signature]