Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cove Arm at CJ Strike Res. Idaho
Well the day was awsome!

I struggled again with my eagle 168 again, just can't seem to get it figured out for reading fish, structure depth and temp was great!

[inline "IMG_4200 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4201 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4203 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4204 (Small).JPG"]

Well got there at 11 am, water temp was 49 - 50 deg, air
temp was comfortable not sure but probably near 60 deg with a very light breeze so I put my jacket on.

I fished straight out from the boat ramp and over in front of the pump like I usually do and marked fish, unless I changed the sensitivity lower and when marked them the I was fairly confident they were down there, but no takers.

Finally headed for the dyke and picked up my first action there. First a small bass on a small minnow crank and then a 10" crappie on a lemon meragine jig with some cut bait, caught another crappie right away.

[inline "IMG_4209 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4208 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4207 (Small).JPG"]
It slowed alittle and a man who seems to be fishing the dyke every time I am there sugested I try out on the river side where we both know they winter. Woked that down to about 50' with a drop shot with cut bait settup and only got a legal bass and then on my jig a smaller crappie.

[inline "IMG_4211 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4220 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4221 (Small).JPG"]
Needed to head home so started back and picked the last crappie on the drop shot. Finished at 5pm.Water temp never changed.

Michael
Twin Falls, Idaho

Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.
[signature]
No pictures.
[signature]
I fished the Breuneau side on Thursday. I was getting false signals due to the moss and algae that is floating in the lake right now. I didn't get a bite all day. Ron
[signature]
Sorry I copied and pasted from the idaho section, didn't know the pic's would come along.
[signature]
Water a little cool, but still looks like fun![Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like fun. Looks like dinner.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you found a few. It can be tricky this time of year.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thank you for the great report and pictures Michael.
Sounds like a good day for this time of the year and
full moon.[Smile]

Peter
[signature]