Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from California
[font "Times New Roman"]Hi. I’m Jim and live in Southern California (in Monrovia near PaSadena).[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Been fly-fishing for 6-8 years, mainly in Southern and Central California but have also ventured to Montana once as well as Virginia, Nevada and Colorado. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Most of my fishing has been for trout in moving water but got my first tube late last year (Supercat) and have really taken to Stillwater fly-fishing for bluegill and bass in addition to the stocked trout. Bass fishing has proven to be a whole new ballgame and I have a lot to learn.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I just ordered a Scadden Outlaw X5 pontoon boat (thanks FG and PRVRT for the advice this summer) and can’t wait to hit some of the larger lakes out here once it arrives. Next up is a trolling motor as my legs don’t seem to last as long as they used to.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Looks like a great forum you have going here and I’m looking forward to joining in. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Jim[/font]
[signature]
Hi Jim
Welcome a board. Im in SoCal as well (Thousand Oaks).
Stillwater is what I like as well. Bass, bluegill.........
Hope we can trade some insider info later.[Wink]

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hi Jim_T and welcome the the Fly forum. I live in Yorba Linda and likewise I have a Super FatCat. Haven't used in in a couple of years as I been seeking out rivers & stream. Last month fished the Santa Ana River [ creek at the point I was at] below Big Bear. Going up to the Kern River with my club. Do you belong to the PaSadena Fly Club? They are headed up there too.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
hiya Jim and welcome to the site and in particular the fly fishing forum ... Im the southern guy of the group as I live in North SAn Diego county...

I am sure you will enjoy the site and this forum... we all look forward to your input and insite and of course any questions that you may have...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hello and welcome to the group. I am not from California, but from Utah. Glad to have you here.
[signature]
Hi Jim, I fling flies from coast to coast between lake erie and the mackanaw bridge.

Glad ya found us... [cool]
Welcome
[signature]
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Peter, let's get together soon and hit some lakes. Looks like we may have enough people here to have a get together.

Dryrod, I used to be in the OC club when I worked down there and still fish with several members (Van, Kurt, Mikes/Bill's) but had to cut back somewhere (I'm in several clubs already). How was the Kern?

Macfly, I really enjoy those SD lakes as well as the bays. I am working on a trip down there next month. We're hoping to hit the bay in the morning and Upper Otay in the evening.

Albinotrout, I haven't fished Utah yet but based on the reports I'm seeing, it won't be long before I do.

Dave, your lakes look like our oceans without the sharks.

Jim
[signature]
to give perspective of how big those lakes are to people who have never seen big fresh water ponds,

When standing on shore looking across, you can not see the land mass on the other side, It disapears behind the curvature of the earth... All you see is sky past the water...
[signature]
Do you know where Harsens Island is ?

Peter
[signature]
Sure do,

It is located in the st clair river.
I havent measured it, but I would guess the river there is about 5 miles wide. maybe more...

I fish for stergeon in that area a couple times a year,
it is also a great place for walleye and beleive it or not, pike musky and Tiger Musky...
[signature]
Yes, my friends parents have a cottage there on the
water.
I went there last year for a week. We had some great
time. I caught nice size SM bass right of the boat
dock .Also huge sucker fish and few wipers.
We are going back next year with float tubes and
fish the Muscamut bay. I seen some huge bass in
there.
I was going after Muskies but the boat broke the
first day there[frown].
All we had after that was a small pram with no motor
and canoe.
Still a very nice place to be.

Peter
[signature]
Welcome Jim, from Utah FG[Wink]
[signature]
when you get back out there, look across the river, if you see an over weight fuzzy faced fish eater kicking back on the board walk, its a good chance its me looking for a stergeon.. Give a wave, even if it aint me I will probably wave back... [:p]

every one over that way is pretty friendly and tries to stay in the big man's good graces... "it is a storm corridor" lol
[signature]
Cool, will do [Wink]
[signature]