Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Day Deep Sea Fishing: Florida
I'm heading to Destin, Florida for a private charter, two day trip, October 14-15th. Anyone in the area care to join us, send me an email. The fishing rodeo will be going on and some major cash and prizes are up for grabs. The boat fishes 88, but I only take a maximum of 25, which makes for a better trip. We are car pooling down from Tennessee and traveling through Alabama if anyone needs a ride. All bait, license, rodeo entry and tackle furnished and as usual, it's a co-ed trip (women are welcome..lol) Cost is $225 per person. Good fishing, Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
Hey Ghost it sounds like you have quite a trip planned their.What are you fishing for? <br><br>Can you (and or others) tell me some more about the "fishing rodeo". Nothing like that down here in the land of kangaroo's. <br><br>Burnin Thumbs!<br><br>Steve B <br>Moderator Lures/Baits Forum<br><A HREF="http://www.demonjigs.com" target="_new">http://www.demonjigs.com</A>
I would love a little more information. I am real new to the idea of tournament fishing, and have never been to a rodeo. What are you fishing for, etc. Live here in Florida, but have fished mainly the Atlantic side for grouper and snapper off shore, as well as the obligatory game fish, but no trophies yet. Thanks for the info. <br><br>
Thanks for the heads up Ghost. Sounds like a lot of fun and asy you say, the fishing and weather are pretty good their at the moment (or so I hear). <br><br>Can't even begin to image 88 anglers on the one boat, let alone 25. That type of fishing does not exist here so the idea is a bit strange to me. Sounds like a majo nightmare if a big fish runs a muck and anglers are not quick to get their lines in!<br><br>All the best on the water. <br><br>Burnin Thumbs!<br><br>Steve B <br>Moderator Lures/Baits Forum<br><A HREF="http://www.demonjigs.com" target="_new">http://www.demonjigs.com</A>
Hey kgolds, much of your question can be answered in my reply to masterjigbuilder, but to expand a little further; we target large fish, although you never know what you might reel in, our goal is to catch the heavy weights. We have been fortunate to bring in Red Snapper up to 30 lbs and Grouper as heavy as 145 lbs in past trips. But it's not always the big fish that win cash or prizes. We had a 10 lb Triggerfish take $3,000 one year. Your entry is included with the cost of the trip: $225. All you have to bring is a sleeping bag, small pillow and a small or medium cooler if you wish. All bait and tackle is furnished. You may bring your own rod and reel if you want. All large coolers remain at the dock until we return. Your fish are weighed (if applicable) and iced down in your large cooler or you can have them cleaned right at the dock. We are notified after October 31st if any of us had a winning entry ( 1st, 2nd or 3rd Place). Fall is usually a great time to catch fish and since we can also fish at night, our chances of catching quality fish are increased. If I can answer any questions, just give me an email. Good fishing, Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
Ghost, <br>I must confess, I am not at all familiar with message boards and I have tried unsuccessfully to email you regarding this trip. Please contact me at kgolds@bellsouth.net so I can get your address (my email to the address posted was returned). I am very interested in this trip. Myself and one other. <br>Thanks, Kathy Goldstein<br><br>
Kathy, I replied to your email address and the PM. Would love to have you join us. Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
Thanks Capt Allen, where do you fish out of?<br>Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
Thanks Capt, I will visit your site and bookmark it. The next time I have someone looking for a trip in your area I'll send them your way. Good fishing, Ghost <br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
How did you guys do last weekend? <br><br>
Our trip was canceled due to very bad weather. We are rescheduled for sometime in April or May. The price will remain the same. Those wanting to go should email me to get on the list. I went ahead and took a few days to fish in Panama City. The fishing was excellent to fair, with Shark, King Mackerel, Spanish, and Flounder taking top species. This week should be great. Boats are now able to get back out to fish.<br>Good fishing,<br>Ghost <br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"