Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Born today Died today
Born today Died today

Two anglers drown in Bellville Lake today in michigan.

Celibrationg his 63rd birthday he and two friends went out in an aluminum boat on the lake.
The max weight limit was 350 pounds, one of the three anglers alone weighted in over 300 pounds by him self...

The boat started taking on water during a weight shift in the boat causeing it to take on water emediatly and capsizing.

the third man in the boat made it to shore in the friged waters suffering hyperthermia.

Please anglers, keep in mind the reason for max weight limits set for boats are there for your safty, so check your weight before leaving dock.

In addition to grossly over loading the boat, no one was wearing a life jacket..

My hearts go out for the servivers...

What is this post here for? It is a boaters safty reminder.
[signature]
That's Sad to hear..

I went on a diet specifically to make fishing easier.. And the boat faster Smile
[signature]
I had a 12 foot aluminum a couple years back,

with me my pup, my 5 horse motor, tackle box and cooler, I was pushing the 550 jmax pound capassity so I up graded to a 14 foot with a 750 max capassity so I could have a cople skinny guys or one more my sized guys as a guest.

The majority of the weight on the 12 footer was in the stern of the boat, me and every thing sept the pup. so at times I saw water comming with in an inch of the top of the rear..

It is so important for every one to know their boat and its capassity and respect that there is good reason for the limit.

and wats more, every one needs to make special account when upgrading to a 4 stroke motor. The new 4 stokes are like the motors of the 50's, big - bulky - and heavy...

I am honestly suprized I havent heard of more random sinkings, That only shows one of two things, either fishermen are smarter than the average bear or they cant afford the sticker price of the upgrade.

I have been looking at the new 4 stoke motors, and for me to get a 15 horse to replace my two stroke I would have to upgrade to a 16 foot aluminum...